Author Topic: Where is everyone from?  (Read 94281 times)

Mareeeteee

• View Profile
Re: Where is everyone from?
« Reply #105 on: June 28, 2018, 05:46:06 AM »
North Versailles, PA

jmorm53

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 05, 2018, 05:56:51 PM »
Dartmouth, Massachusetts

jmorm53

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 05, 2018, 06:10:37 PM »
I lost my wife of 43 years to Ovarian cancer on May 29, 2018 after a 2 yr. battle She was my best friend and the love of my life. I feel so empty inside, at times I can barely function. I have read several grief related books in the past weeks but so far they really haven't seemed to be of much help. The pain is always there, the tightness in the throat, the tears that never seem to stop. I try to stay busy at work or when at home in the yard, my mind never stops thinking of her.

JustMark

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 07, 2018, 02:01:55 PM »
HI Jmorm53, welcome to webhealing, I'm sorry for your loss. A lot of what you are experiencing and going through sounds a lot like what I went through with the loss of my wife Gina last year. I also tried to keep myself busy and it seemed no matter how much I kept myself busy she was always on my mind. Even though she was always on my mind keeping myself busy helped as working around the house like when I was planting the vegetable garden last year I would get glimpses and pause and experience a happy memory of previous years. Every year about the same time I would be doing my usual vegetable gardening and she would be doing her flower gardening. While turning the soil last year I would look over at her favorite rose bush and stop for a few minutes and remember her trimming it. Then moment later go back to dwelling on my loss. I know it's rough now Jmorm but it will change. For me last year that constant feeling of loss subsided and I found I had far more happy memories with Gina then I originally thought. Now I still have Gina on my mind quite a bit everyday I hardly ever have that feeling of loss any more, but has become more of a thankfulness that she was a big part of my life because of all the happy memories and things I learned from Gina. Don't get me wrong but I still do have moments of sadness but now they are not quite so intensive and over whelming like they were last year. Gina didn't have ovarian cancer but she did have other major medical issues in which I had to help take care of her, for her last two years. I can always tell you about that later on, if you ever want to know. Also last year I didn't read any grief books. Some people said they are helpful and recommended one or two but I looked at the library of books I have and Gina's library of all sorts of subjects the last thing I need is more books to read. Anyway I hoped some of this helped as I have to go for now. I'm going to bath the dogs this afternoon. Once again welcome to web healing. Don't be afraid to post anything you may need advice on or help with There are others that come on here that I have found helpful with my posts. Also don't be afraid to respond to others posts if you think sharing things you are going through or things that help you cope or deal with grief can help in the postings of others as well. Also if you wanted to speak to me or anyone else specifically you can click on their name and send them a private messages but for me I only messaged 2 or 3 people I knew were active. Most of my postings have been in the forum because I figured if the person I was communicating with didn't find it helpful, others that come here and read it may get help from it.