Author Topic: Isolating  (Read 3287 times)

CRCmom

• nospam
  • My precious child.
    • View Profile
    • Christian's Memorial Website
Isolating
« on: December 21, 2006, 06:55:57 PM »
I seem to be isolating from my family.  My mom is here for the holidays and I've been up in my room for the past hour just looking at the board and isolating.  I don't want to go downstairs and "play the role".  My sister and her family are coming Saturday and I am afraid that this wanting to isolate is going to get worse.  Any suggestions????

LOVE AND GRACE ON THE JOURNEY,
PAULA

Paula (Adam's Brokenhearted Mama)

• View Profile
Re: Isolating ((CRC Mom)
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2006, 09:33:47 PM »
Explain to your family that isolating yourself from them is not  reflection on your relationship w/them it is what you need to do during your grieving process. Honest & open communication should help you voice what you need and clear up any miscommunications or misunderstandings or questions regarding your behaviors before they begin. If they don't understand or cannot accept your need to isolate that is OK too.
Paula

Louise

Re: Isolating
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2006, 04:56:01 AM »
I so know how you feel.I tend to isolate myself too.All I want to be is alone,so I can think about and remember keren.The Dr. has made my Prozac a higher dose and that helped some.And I used to be such a social person.Losing a child really changes us.Love,Louise[keren's mom]

Dottie (Tammie's Mom)

• Tammie (My Precious Daughter) 8-9-65/9-14-05
    • View Profile
    • Project Tammie
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2006, 06:22:20 AM »
I sure wish I could help but I do the samething. The place I feel most safe and cared about is on this board. I spend most of my day in my office on my computer away from everyone.

I understand about not wanting to play the role, I just hate it too.

my thoughts are with you,
Dottie Tammie's Mom

Jeanneb

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2006, 09:05:48 AM »
I think you just need to tell them you are having a hard time.  If you can't tell family how you feel then who can you tell?  If they don't understand then they just don't.  Take care of you and do what you need to do for you. 

Jeanne