Author Topic: How do I get out of this  (Read 2159 times)

Gail08

• nospam
  • Where Jolene flew into the wind
    • View Profile
How do I get out of this
« on: June 09, 2010, 01:55:41 PM »
I know that there are going to be rough spots for a long time to come.  I have already had so many of them as I am sure all of you have as well.  But mine are usually fairly short lived.  I am having one now that has been going on for a week now and is the deepest one yet.  I have not been eating much and just have not wanted to do much of anything.  How do you pull yourself out of a deep bout like this?  The nights have been the hardest.  This past Sunday night was especially hard.  There was a huge lightening storm here and my sister and I LOVED to watch lightening storms together.  I missed her so much Sunday night I cried all during the lightening storm.  I hate this pain.  I JUST HATE IT.  Sometimes I wonder if the pain will ever ease. 
G                                  Sisters 2 the end
  A                                Friends 2 the end
     I                   _________________________
 J O L E N E              In my heart 4 ever

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: How do I get out of this
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 04:12:41 PM »
Hi Gail,

I'm sorry you're having such a hard time right now and I understand. When I was in a scary place I would come onto the child loss forum and just write, write and write some more. I still keep a journal everyday. Have you started a journal?

The pain will ease but I don't think it ever goes away. It becomes 'different' where we can tolerate it and still continue to function. Then, in time we can talk about them and share funny memories. But, it takes time and patience.

Just know that you are not alone and keep posting!

(((((((((Gail)))))))))

My love,
Terry

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: How do I get out of this
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 06:04:25 PM »
((((( Gail )))))

I just noticed that Jolene's birthday is coming up on July 9th. The days and even weeks leading up to 'any' date in their memory are very difficult. And, for some it is even months before.

If you feel up to it, I would love to hear about a childhood memory you hold close to your heart that you both shared on her birthday. It has always helped me when having to face 'any' date of theirs. Even through my many tears.

I wish I could take your pain away. I wish I could take all of our pain away. If simply wishing made it so.....

Much love,
Terry