Author Topic: I am selfish  (Read 3471 times)

Rebecca

• nospam
    • View Profile
I am selfish
« on: May 30, 2010, 07:03:02 AM »
and I know it.   After having a really nice two days with my daughter and her husband, I so want Jason back, to be a part of our family.  We went to buy flowers, set up the front of the house and I want him here.  My heart aches.  Yet, I know going to buy flowers, etc. was not his  thing so he would not have gone anyway.  It's just so lonely knowing he is gone.  No amount of begging will get him back. Laffing, talking, making like life use to be does not change the condition.  I have so much with my daughter and yet, I want more.  I am selfish.
Rebecca Jason's Mom

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: I am selfish
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2010, 10:28:15 AM »

((((( Rebecca )))))

Annie1973

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2010, 09:56:31 PM »
Wanting your son back makes you selfish? Missing him makes you selfish?

I cry almost every day for my son being gone. Today I cried so hard I had to pull off the highway because I could not see to drive. When I hear a mom talking rudely to her son, I confront her, I don't care where we are, I don't care if she gets mad at me. I have told many a mother that they are damned lucky to HAVE their son.

Many times after I laugh really hard about something, I cry because Dan would have laughed too, but he is dead.

I get MAD that other women have their sons.
I guess I'm selfish too.

With lots of love,
from one mom to another,
Annie(Dans mom)

ps:  What happened to your pictures? I miss them
Much love,
Annie (Dans mom)

Kathy

• nospam
  • Don
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2010, 08:32:16 AM »
Dear Rebecca,

I am selfish also! I want my son here by my side. We hurt so much because we love so much. Thinking of you and Jason today.

Love,
Kathy-Don's Mom 

Brenda Taylors Mom

• nospam
  • I miss you so much my "big tough guy"
    • View Profile
    • http://www.taylor-lewis.memory-of.com
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2010, 06:09:45 PM »
Maybe we all are. I want my son back too. I don't think it's selfish, it's human, it's being a parent who wants her child more than anything in the world.

Annette

• nospam
  • Michael, my beloved first son, I miss you so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2010, 08:17:15 PM »
Sweet Rebecca! Then I'm selfish too! I want my Michael back so badly it aches. I wish I had the answer so that we could enjoy our family and not feel the loss of our missing child so intensely that it hurts us so. You are not selfish, you are grieving your beautiful Jason.

Love,
Annette
Michael's Mom
12-13-82 - 5-14-07

Trevor & Michael 2004 Age3

Motherof3

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2010, 12:50:45 PM »
Makes me selfish too then!! Even though I still have 2 beautiful daughters with me whom I Love with all my being..... my baby is gone!! I want her back!!!
  If tears could build stairway and memories a lane. I'd walk right up to Heaven and bring You home again. Rachel will always be in My Heart. Sleep with the angels baby girl!

Barbara

• nospam
  • Forever in my thoughts, Forever in my heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2010, 05:21:50 PM »
I am selfish as well.....Can't detach ourselves from our kids.....It's ok to be selfish....Hugs to all here((()))....