Author Topic: just want to die  (Read 2819 times)

ron mcgarrity

• View Profile
just want to die
« on: May 25, 2010, 05:35:38 AM »
 :LA:
lost mom 5 years ago. that was tough but I had my sister who helped raise me then my brother in law 3 months ago now she is gone I do not know how to go on with out her she was my rock my best friend my only other mom on earth

zxcv

• View Profile
Re: just want to die
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 07:34:40 AM »
I feel your pain,  Trust in God and take it one moment and day at a time.  I just lost my husbad 6 weeks ago after 30 years.  I lost my mom when I was 10 and my dad in my 30's.  I do hve my children that are a blessing to me along with my grand children.  I pray that you have a good support system.  Learn to reach out.  I know tat it is difficult but it wll help.  God Bless and sorry for your difficult time and Losses

Pete (UK)

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 09:36:35 AM »
Ron:

I'm so sorry to hear of your sad loss, my thoughts are with you. I too wanted to die when I lost my wife after 38 years together. She passed away 2 years ago next June 6 and I'm still trying to make sense of the world. While it's still painful and powerfully debilitating, somehow it is not so raw. I think you have to be patient with yourself, time will make adjustments for you. You have to want to carry on. That for me was the hardest part, after Heather went there seemed to be little left. I'm lucky I have two wonderful grown-up kids and great friends, but this site was a major support for me, many times it pulled me back from the brink of losing it completely. Keep posting, it will remind you that you're not alone and enable others to try to reach out and help with advice where they can.

Take care,
Pete (UK)

laurenE

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 04:49:16 AM »
Pete,

Thinking of you as the anniversary date of your wife has just passed.  I hope you had good support through this difficult time.

lauren