Author Topic: IF I NEED HELP DOES THAT MAKE ME WEAK?  (Read 2138 times)

ron mcgarrity

• View Profile
IF I NEED HELP DOES THAT MAKE ME WEAK?
« on: October 30, 2010, 06:24:25 PM »
I JUST MISS MY MOM MY BROTHER IN LAW AND SISTER SO MUCH
I KNOW I SEEM LIKE THE LITTLE BOY SCREAMING WOLF BUT ALL I THINK ABOUT IS WHAT I LOST AND HOW I WOULD BE HAPPIER WITH THEM
I LOST MY BROTHER IN LAW HE WAS MORE LIKE A BROTHER 30 YEARS
AND SISTER IN 3 MONTH SPAN

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: IF I NEED HELP DOES THAT MAKE ME WEAK?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2010, 02:29:09 PM »

I KNOW I SEEM LIKE THE LITTLE BOY SCREAMING WOLF BUT ALL I THINK ABOUT IS WHAT I LOST AND HOW I WOULD BE HAPPIER WITH THEM

Ron, I don't feel that you're screaming wolf at all. I feel you're screaming pain. Early when grieving, it's hard to think about little else than what we've lost.

We've all felt this way, wanting more than anything to be with our loved ones. But, soon enough we will see them, Ron. Life is really very short and we only have one chance at it. I remember after losing my Grandfather many, many years ago, I thought I would never be able to go on living without him. I was 12 at the time and knew little about death. Well, I was introduced not long after his death and then many followed.

When I married and bore children, I never thought I would be putting them in the ground. No thoughts of this terror even entered my mind. But, I did and over and over again. Now, my extended family is gone and I have 3 remaining. I am grateful for those 3. Extremely!

We remain for the ones left here with us, Ron. Children, Grandchildren, husbands, wives, partners and friends alike. This life isn't always easy and it's not always fair but it's the only one we have.

Ask yourself; Are you glad that you were born so that you were able to experience the great love of your sister, your Mom and your wife and children? Or, do you wish you never were? It's a question that needs to be answered in order for us to continue on with our lives and make the most out of the time we have left.

We must work through the pain before we are ever able to experience any happiness again. We must accept that the pain isn't just going to go away, but it will become tolerable. It becomes a part of us, along with the beautiful memories we have of them. It's the price of deeply loving.

You're not alone, Ron.

My love,
Terry

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2010, 02:34:17 PM »
"Re: IF I NEED HELP DOES THAT MAKE ME WEAK?"

We all need help, Ron at one time or another. Recognizing this takes an enormous amount of courage, which you have displayed.

Thank You, again for sharing what's in your heart. Not everyone has the courage to do this!

With respect,
Terry

mousewife

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2010, 09:21:58 PM »
No.  It makes you a human who is wise enough to know when he needs help and strong enough to get it.
Peace and Healing Mousewife