Author Topic: Where is justice?  (Read 34714 times)

SarahW

• nospam
  • The moment a child is born,the mother is also born
    • View Profile
Re: Where is justice?
« Reply #75 on: January 27, 2011, 02:21:51 PM »
Jackie:

Your Joe sounds like a truly extraordinary man.  I am so sorry for your loss.

My thoughts are with you as you move forward from this terrible tragedy; please let us know how you are doing.
I love thee to the level of every day's Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light. -- Emily Dickinson

You were a gift

jaxsaint

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 14, 2011, 03:56:36 PM »
So today is Valentine's Day.  It was never really a big deal in our house. . .everyday was an expression of our love.  It's just that I thought about last year.  As the one year mark comes closer I find myself remembering all the lasts.  I'm so afraid of that day.  I won't be able to say "last year" followed by a happy memory.  All these sad anniversaries have taken a toll on me.  I'm on a medical sabbatical now from work to try to deal with what has happened now that criminal proceedings are over.  Honestly, I've been on the floor for the last two weeks.  I have no motivation at all.

SarahW

• nospam
  • The moment a child is born,the mother is also born
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 14, 2011, 05:07:45 PM »
So today is Valentine's Day.  It was never really a big deal in our house. . .everyday was an expression of our love.  It's just that I thought about last year.  As the one year mark comes closer I find myself remembering all the lasts.  I'm so afraid of that day.  I won't be able to say "last year" followed by a happy memory.  All these sad anniversaries have taken a toll on me.  I'm on a medical sabbatical now from work to try to deal with what has happened now that criminal proceedings are over.  Honestly, I've been on the floor for the last two weeks.  I have no motivation at all.

Glad to hear from you, Jackie, but sorry to hear you are so down.

Your wounds are still very fresh, and you have had to endure so much, dealing with the aftermath of your beloved Joe's death.  It isn't surprising you need some time off and are feeling so much sorrow.

I hope you are getting the support and help you need to get through this terrible time.  It's tricky business to let yourself grieve, but to also let yourself heal and find motivation and purpose again in your life.

Take the time you need, and come here anytime to share.
I love thee to the level of every day's Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light. -- Emily Dickinson

You were a gift

jaxsaint

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 19, 2011, 08:38:22 AM »
One Year Lament

Today is one year since Joe was hit by a drunk driver. Although he didn't take his last breath and his heart didn't stop till the 23rd, my world stopped one year ago today. Everything goes on outside, but I'm still where I was when I got that phone call from the hospital. Again, Miss Haversham. Stop all the clocks! W.H. Auden said it best, "he was my north, my south, my east and my west." How do I start my world spinning again when I can't even feel my own heart beat? How can I find my way when all directions have been lost?

Jackie

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 19, 2011, 10:36:50 AM »

Thinking of you today, Jackie and will keep you in my heart on the 23rd, missing Joe so.

Sending hugs and Love,

(((((((((((((((Jackie)))))))))))))))))

Terry