Author Topic: Insult to Injury  (Read 2143 times)

Rebecca

• nospam
    • View Profile
Insult to Injury
« on: April 27, 2010, 03:47:19 AM »
So my husband found a friend on facebook that he has not spoken to in 40 years.  The phone is on mic so as I set my foot into the computer room I hear David say, I have a son, Jason, 31 years old.  I thought I would lose my lunch.  It seems I am getting hit at every curve. 
Rebecca Jason's Mom

Donnys Dad

• nospam
  • Donny At Football Hall of Fame, Another Great Trip
    • View Profile
    • Donny's Memorial Website
Re: Insult to Injury
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 08:51:17 AM »
Rebecca, so sorry you had to hear that stinging conversation.  Does it ever end?

Don
I Miss You So Much Buddy, My Best Friend, My Tiger

Don, Donny's Proud Dad

Rebecca

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 04:54:09 PM »
I don't think so and for me... I think hearing his name and seeing his friends, etc. gets worse with time.  I never thought I could say or feel this but it does.  Sorry u are not doing well, both physically and emotionally.
Rebecca Jason's Mom ( I wish u would write to all of us more)Look how many years we "know each other".

Annette

• nospam
  • Michael, my beloved first son, I miss you so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010, 04:58:44 PM »
I understand how it hurts hearing our child's name. My son's name is Michael and it's a very common name so I hear it all the time. I'm sure you must hear your son's name, Jason, frequently as well.

I know that I have felt so out of control of my life since Michael died.  I guess I never really was in control, not if my son could die like that, but it felt like I was navigating my life.  Now, I know that any one of us could die at any time. The world seems very unsafe, harsh, and the grief is unrelenting. Everyone assumes we're handling it well, don't they? When inside, it's still so very raw and is actually worse in so many ways.

My heart is with you and Jason, Rebecca. I have a nephew named Jason (my sister's son) and he reminds me so much of my Michael. I have a particular fondness for the name Jason. :-)

Love,
Annette
Michael's Mom
12-13-82 - 5-14-07

Trevor & Michael 2004 Age3