Author Topic: April Sucks  (Read 2771 times)

JohnL1963

• View Profile
April Sucks
« on: April 20, 2010, 10:49:47 AM »
Just  needed to vent,it was the 1 year anniv of my Wife's death on April 5th,and it was her Birthday
on April 18th.It just feels like My Life is over,nothing is Fun anymore.Nothing to look forward to.
I read from other posts,that it's like a wave,it feels like a Tidal Wave has hit me. I just WISH DEATH WOULD COME SOON ! The worse thing is I'm only 47,and healthy,I cant imagine another 30 plus years of this. Everyone says give it time,but it seems to be getting worse instead of better. John

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: April Sucks
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 01:57:51 PM »
Dear JohnL1963 ~ I am so very sorry for the loss of your precious wife.

Welcome to Webhealing, and I am sorry that you have to be here on this journey with the rest of us.  You will find a lot of support and love here. 

I agree with what others have said to you...time.  "They" say "time heals all wounds" I have adapted it to "Time Heals Hurt".  Your wound may never heal, but I hope that it may mend a little.

Again, I am so sorry for your loss.

Take care of yourself.
Tony Repola 07/20/66 – 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven

littleha

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 05:41:53 PM »
Hi John
I am coming on the 1yr mark on May 11th. No, it is not easy but I do find it a little easier now than 1yr ago. I still cry everyday but not for as long. I still miss my wife as much as I did last yr. Cathy was 50yrs old when she died. I am now 54yrs old. I try not to think too far in the future. I have no choice with fate. I admit I too am not feeling as good now as earlier in the yr. I think it has to do with the anniversary coming up, I have 2 grown boys and that keeps me going since I am positive they would like their father around for a few more yrs. Please don't be too hard on yourself.
Take care
Allan
My darling wife Cathy
Love you
 July 3  1958-May 11 2009

georgiapeaches

• For mom, dad, Johnny & rock you left to soon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 06:51:29 PM »
Hi John,
I lost my husband 2 years ago April 13, so I do agree April does suck. But, you really do need to give it some time. The pain doesnt go all the way away, but it does ease up. And when you really think about it, your wife would really want you to be happy, to live a happy life, not to want to die. But I do understand, I have been there, just give yourself time, cry, but then realize you needto take care of yourself and live your life to the fullest and hard as that sounds right now. I wish you all the best.

Georgia.
MOM                        JOHNNY