Author Topic: Hello to all  (Read 3077 times)

BeverlyAnnS

• View Profile
Hello to all
« on: April 08, 2010, 05:51:27 AM »
I am so sorry for all of your losses.  We lost our son, Doug (23), on March 12th.  It is really, really so unbelievable and some days I still think he is here and will be coming home.  It hurts and a part of me is gone and so empty.  I try to think of good things, but it's so very hard.  I am just new at this so I'll check every day and explore more.
Bev

Donnys Dad

• nospam
  • Donny At Football Hall of Fame, Another Great Trip
    • View Profile
    • Donny's Memorial Website
Re: Hello to all
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 08:14:52 AM »
Bev,
I am sorry to hear of the loss of your Son.  I lost my only Son also and know exactly how you are feeling.

I am so glad that you found this site.  The people on here are fantastic and you can share any feelings you have as they understand.  This is a club full of members who never wanted to be here but are so caring.  They sure have helped me thru the past 6 years so much.

Please keep coming back and if you wish, share more of your story of your precious Son.

Don
I Miss You So Much Buddy, My Best Friend, My Tiger

Don, Donny's Proud Dad

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 08:59:19 AM »
((((( Bev )))))

I'm so deeply sorry you're having to live without your precious son, Doug. I don't think there is a limit on time when it becomes easy to believe. They were our children. The most important part of who we were.
And, as we make our way in this life without them, we find more of ourselves and also how to incorporate 'us' into a very different life.

When you are able, please tell us more about Doug and please know I understand how difficult it can be. But, it's always helped me to write my feelings down, regardless of whether I even understood them or not.

Start a journal. Write everything you're feeling, down on paper. It makes it concrete and gives you a sense of realness, while living in a very unreal, life altering and traumatic existence.

Please take care of yourself at this time, resting if you cannot sleep and eating well.

Cry, scream, laugh and the list is endless because at this stage, there are no set of rules to follow. We make them up as we go along.

You have my love,
Terry

Brenda Taylors Mom

• nospam
  • I miss you so much my "big tough guy"
    • View Profile
    • http://www.taylor-lewis.memory-of.com
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 03:33:06 PM »
((( Bev)))) I to am so very deeply sorry for the loss of your son Doug. Please come back, even if it's just to read until you can post more.  There are very compassionate people here and we all unfortunately understand the pain.
Love to you Bev
Saying DOUG OUT LOUD
Brenda

Annette

• nospam
  • Michael, my beloved first son, I miss you so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 08:53:33 PM »
Dear Bev, I'm glad you found this board, but so very, very sorry that you have reason to be here. None of us would ever want another parent to suffer the loss of their child. I lost my son, age 24, almost 3 years ago. This board is a lifesaver and the people on here are warm and caring. Coming on here for me is difficult at times, because it brings the grieving to the surface, but I that's probably good for me. But I keep coming back as it is the only place I can vent my feelings about anything at all, and also it helps me that I don't feel so "alone" as the only one who's lost a child. I know I'm not, but it often feels that way.

Welcome to the board!

Love,
Annette
Michael's Mom
12-13-82 - 5-14-07

Trevor & Michael 2004 Age3

Rebecca

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2010, 05:35:53 PM »
March 13th...such a short time. U have my sincere feelings of sorrow.  We hit the 5 year mark by losing Jason on February 13th and I will tell u that when I see his pictures I am still not certain is is gone and I fool myself into believing he will walk through the door.  Then I look again, begin to hyperventalate, cry and go on.  It is a feeling of unbelieve pain.  We are all here.
Rebecca Jason's Mom

Annie1973

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2010, 10:40:02 PM »
Dear Bev,

Everyone here on this board is a lifeline. I came here when my only son died in June of 2008. I had never felt so alone and desperate for compassion in my entire life, and this was where I found it.
People who have never had their child die will tell you that your Doug is in a better place, and while that's true, that can't take away the pain of your missing him and wanting him to be here with you.
When you are angry, come here and vent. When you are comforted by something that reminds you of your boy, feel free to come here and share it. You can't say anything here that anyone will judge you for. I have found friends here that are closer than anyone I can reach out and touch because we all wear the same "shoes", those uncomfortable shoes we had to put on when our children died.

Thank you for reaching out to us, there is love and support here with your name on it.
Saying Dougs name out loud, and knowing you will feel his kiss on the breeze.
Much love,
Annie (Dans mom)
Much love,
Annie (Dans mom)

Dena

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2010, 03:29:48 PM »
Bev

I am so very sorry for the loss of your precious son, Doug.  You have come to the right place for support - we all understand what you are going through as we are on the same sad journey.

I hope you will post more about Doug when you feel ready.

Hugs,
Dena, Josh's Mom