Author Topic: I feel like I am going crazy  (Read 3760 times)

Khristi

• View Profile
I feel like I am going crazy
« on: March 18, 2010, 09:24:40 PM »
I really feel like I am stuck in a movie off of the LifeTime channel...On October 23rd, 2009 , my older sister passed away.   

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: I feel like I am going crazy
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 11:19:50 PM »
Khristi,

I'm sorry to hear of your sister. I totally understand feeling like we're in someone else's nightmare, because it truly cannot be happening to us.

Welcome to webhealing where there are a lot of loving and caring people who understand the pain from losing someone they love so deeply.

Please take very good care of 'you' and come back and share more about your precious sister when you are up to it. There is always someone here to listen.

Love & hugs,
Terry

Khristi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 11:41:37 PM »
As I said my sister passed away October 23, 2009. We found out on Sep. 22nd, 2009 (which was her 29th birthday) that she had cancer. When they found it there were 9 tumors on her brain. The doctors told us that the cancer had formed in late July 2009. She went through around of radiation, before they realized it had spread all over her body. So 1 month and 1 day after we found out, my wonderful sister went to be with the good Lord. I have so many different feelings I cant seem to deal with them. I am happy that she is not in anymore pain, I am sad because I have lost my best friend (she was only 13mths older then myself), I am mad because she was taken away from her baby girl (who was then 7mths old), I am glad that I got to be there for her, I am very very angry that anyone would have to see a loved one hurt so bad. After all those emotions and then some, I realize that no matter what I do the last 4mths of her life keep playing over and over in my head. There had to be something that I could have done more for her, something better. Right this very minute I feel as if my head is going to explode, and there is not a thing I can do to stop it.

Gail08

• nospam
  • Where Jolene flew into the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2010, 01:46:11 PM »
Khristi,
I can not tell you how sorry I am about the loss of your sister.  I too lost my older sister.  Tomorrow will be 17 months and to tell you the truth my head still spins at times and feels as if it will explode.  Just take some deep breaths and be easy on yourself.   Take things one step at a time.  It will take time but with support from people here at Webhealing things will be a lot easier.  Just remember that you are not alone.  Come to this site and talk, talk, talk.  We all here understand.  That is one of the things that has helped me the  most.

Gail
G                                  Sisters 2 the end
  A                                Friends 2 the end
     I                   _________________________
 J O L E N E              In my heart 4 ever

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2010, 04:04:17 PM »
Khristi ~ I am very sorry for the loss of your sister. 

You have come to the right place, there are many people here who care and understand how you feel.  Although grief is unique as we all are, sometimes the overwhelming feeling of sadness and anger that are shared by others here can be a comfort.  I totally understand the many different emotions, when Tony died, feelings came out of me that I did not even know that I had.  Mostly anger, but as time went on, it subsided.  I hope that time will help you, although I know it won't east the pain completely.

Take care of yourself and one day at a time.
Tony Repola 07/20/66 – 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven

ScottW

• nospam
  • This is a picture of my sister, Jori
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2010, 01:41:01 PM »
So sorry Khristi.  One day at a time.  If that's too much (and I'm pretty certain it is right now) try one hour at a time.  Sometimes that can help . . . if only a bit.

I hope this site brings you some peace and support.

Scott