Author Topic: New to site  (Read 4220 times)

Motherof3

• View Profile
New to site
« on: March 15, 2010, 05:49:42 AM »
 Hi everyone...My name is Gale Hall and I lost my youngest daughter last month..Feb 5th. Her name is Rachel and she was 29 yrs old. She had decided that she couldn't cope anymore and committed suicide. I am having the hardest time dealing with this let alone accepting that she is gone. She was my baby...always a momma's girl.

I will write more later.... really can't sit here and do this right now. I will also get her picture posted later.
  Thank You for listening.
  If tears could build stairway and memories a lane. I'd walk right up to Heaven and bring You home again. Rachel will always be in My Heart. Sleep with the angels baby girl!

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: New to site
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 07:13:42 AM »
((((Gail))))

I'm so very sorry for the loss of your precious daughter, Rachel. Please know you've found a safe place to come with all of your feelings, although I wish none of us have ever had to.

Yes, she's your baby and she'll always be your baby girl.

You have my heart, you truly do and I'm sending big, warm hugs and all of my love.

Terry

Debh

• Forever Loved, Forever Missed, Never Forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 07:29:03 AM »
Gail I am sorry for the loss of your daughter Rachel.

I lost my son Chad and his friend who lived with us for years in 1996 in a car accident,
5 years later my nephew committed suicide. Those first years are difficult to get through, you have found a good place here to be at, we all understand and care.

Write when you can, I am looking forward to see Rachel's photo and in time hear stories you might share.

I held onto hope and love,  I have found love doesn't leave I will always have that connection with my boys and those good memories we shared  helped me through this journey we are on. I hope this for you also.

Love
Deb

Donnys Dad

• nospam
  • Donny At Football Hall of Fame, Another Great Trip
    • View Profile
    • Donny's Memorial Website
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 08:07:13 AM »
Gale,
I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your daughter.  Welcome to the site that none of us wanted to be in, however it sure helps.  The people on here are beyond belief.  Always caring and always listening when were having tough days, which is often.

I lost my 30 yr old Son, Donny who was the baby of our family.  The only boy and my Best Friend and constant companion.  I lost him the same way you lost your daughter, by suicide.  It is all so sudden.  I found him and that site will always be burned in my mind.  That was almost 6 years ago, 2100 days to be exact and the tears still come almost every day.

Gail please know I am here for you as I sure understand what you are going thru.  Please tell us more when you get a moment, we care.

Don
I Miss You So Much Buddy, My Best Friend, My Tiger

Don, Donny's Proud Dad

awms

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 10:06:41 AM »
Gale,

I am so sorry you have had to join this group.  We all feel your pain.  I'm new to this site too.  My son, Adam, was killed on 2/21/10, he was 23.  This site has so much understanding.  It has truely been a blessing to me.  I do appreciate the support of my family and friends but no one else knows what it is like. 

Hugs from Amy, Adam's mom.

Brenda Taylors Mom

• nospam
  • I miss you so much my "big tough guy"
    • View Profile
    • http://www.taylor-lewis.memory-of.com
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010, 01:35:36 PM »
Gail, I too am so very sorry about your daughter. She will always be your daughter, your baby. As all have said, we are sad you are here, but there are wonderful amazing people here to help you through ... tears, laughter, memories, anger... just to get it out to all who understand, we all walk it together one step at a time.
My son Taylor was 14 when he was killed by a car 5 years ago.
Love to you
Brenda

MelissaCharliesMom

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2010, 06:27:21 PM »
Our oldest was, Charlie, was killed in a motor vehicle accident on June 26, 2004, he was 10.
I am so sorry you have a reason to be here, but certainly glad you found us.

Annette

• nospam
  • Michael, my beloved first son, I miss you so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2010, 06:48:43 PM »
Gale, I also welcome you to the site with open arms, love, and tears. We are all the same here... not wishing that anyone needs to come here... yet happy we can come here and be understood. Our losses are unlike other losses and the pain doesn't go away. I lost my son, Michael, in a motorcycle crash almost 3 years ago. It will be 3 years on May 14. It was sudden, too, as he died at the scene and I didn't know for hours.

This site is the best place to come and read and message and cry.

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Love,
Annette
Michael's Mom
12-13-82 - 5-14-07

Trevor & Michael 2004 Age3

Dena

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2010, 02:47:01 AM »
Gale,

I am so very sorry for the loss of your precious daughter Rachel.  You have come to the right place, although I wish none of us had to be here. I hope you will post more about Rachel when you feel ready - it helps to talk, cry, & yes, even laugh at some of the memories we have of our children.

Hugs,
Dena, Josh's Mom

Rebecca

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2010, 07:58:40 PM »
We are all here for you.  The pain is so new.  Unbearable.  Keep reading and writing when you will. 
Rebecca Jason's Mom

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2010, 08:14:59 PM »
Your baby is beautiful, Gale. Is the little girl in the picture yours or Rachel's? She's very pretty, too.

Thanks so much for posting Rachel's picture.

And, again I am so sorry for your tragic loss.

You have my love,
Terry

Brenda Taylors Mom

• nospam
  • I miss you so much my "big tough guy"
    • View Profile
    • http://www.taylor-lewis.memory-of.com
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2010, 02:51:34 PM »
She is gorgeous !!!

Dottie (Tammie's Mom)

• Tammie (My Precious Daughter) 8-9-65/9-14-05
    • View Profile
    • Project Tammie
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2010, 06:10:05 AM »
I am so very sorry . I know there are no words but know I care.

I lost my only child my daughter Tammie she was 40. Tammie died from an accidental overdose of prescription medication. She was not only my child but my very best friend, also a Mommy's girl.

I found this board 6 months after her death, it helped to save my life. When no one else was there to talk to or listen the wonderful parents here were always there. It will 5 years this Sept. and I don't write as often as I once did but I still read and feel the pain of the new members.

Write more when you can.
HUGS,
Dottie Tammie's Mom

WendyRN

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2010, 12:29:32 PM »
Gale, when words of those around you aren't quite enough, sometimes hearing the anguish of the parents here help you realize that you're not alone.  Never alone.  We do understand....the depth of loss, the complexity of emotions, the utter aloneness in a roomful of people, fear, guilt, total despair.  Our circumstances for being here are many but the result is the same.  We are missing our children desperately.  My 21-year-old son, Keith, was killed in an atv accident 2 1/2 years ago.  Those who have been travelling this road a lot longer than me give me hope that one day I will again find some beauty in my life.  I have come some distance from where you are today.  The rawness of the first fragile weeks and months will ease a little.   

I am so very, very sorry for the loss of your daughter.  Picking up the pieces of you and trying to find a way to put one foot in front of the other is an enormous undertaking.  But you will find a way.  Hang on tight. 

Wendy, Keith's mom