Author Topic: spiritual moments  (Read 4307 times)

etsmom

• View Profile
spiritual moments
« on: March 11, 2010, 09:02:33 AM »
I am hoping and watching every day for a sign from my son that has passed.  I thought I saw his initials in the dust on my computer screen.  I really need to be able to experience his spirit, I cant let his existence just come to an end.  Has anyone experienced anyting that I could maybe keep an eye out for?

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: spiritual moments
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 10:12:16 AM »
I've received literally thousands of signs, but they don't always come in the form of our child standing in front of us as we would so like them to. My son, Jeff died suddenly and violently and he would come to me in dreams and relay detailed information, for example; dates, names, addresses and I would then forward this to my attorney who after 7 months of this told me he received more help from Jeff than any of his investigators.

This was very difficult for me because Jeff was not happy and most times when I saw him he was crying.

Yes, just awesome. Then, at 7 months, he was gone. I believe it's when he went into the light. He went home. That hit me almost as hard as his first departure. Some here may or may not be able to relate to what I'm sharing. I don't know how many others experienced this as I did.

And, then sometimes when we're in a very dark and scary place and cannot see even a glimmer of light, a stranger will wrap their arms around us and make a gesture or say a word that is familiar as it relates to our children.

I believe they are all around us and all the time. And, for me, the deep and hard grieving had to subside before he could come through. When I feel most at peace, is when my babies are very close to me.

Be patient, and I know how difficult that is, truly I do. Just as we have our work to do here on earth, they also have their work to do. But, please know that your son is still with you but the timing may not be right for him to connect with you.

What is your son's name and how old was he when he died? If you are up to sharing, I would love to hear all about your precious boy. Whatever you are comfortable doing.

I'm glad you found us here. This is a safe place to come to talk about anything and no one will slight you or judge you. We'll laugh with you and cry with you as we all understand only too well what it is like to lose a child.

Hugs & Love,
Terry

Brenda Taylors Mom

• nospam
  • I miss you so much my "big tough guy"
    • View Profile
    • http://www.taylor-lewis.memory-of.com
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 11:57:25 AM »
At first I had a lot of signs through TV's , I would have the TV on one channel and come back in the room and it would change every time to one of Taylor's favorite shows, Orange County Choppers. I have had and continue to have a lot of signs. As Terry said it doesn't always come in the form of our child standing in front of us, but Taylor's friends saw him everywhere those first few months, just fleeting moments of seeing him. I still get signs, I don't know if it's him, or I just want to believe it's him, but I hold onto whatever makes me feel closer to Taylor. I'm so very sorry about your son, it's not right, its not fair they didn't get to live their lives out to the fullest, my son Taylor was 14 when he and his best friend were hit by a car 5 years ago. I think the initials on your computer screen are a sign , I really do . WE love you here, please come back. Love, Brenda
Judy on here also got a huge sign, she took a picture and her son Dougie showed up in it, you just never know :)

Ramona

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2010, 04:12:02 PM »
I do believe there are spiritual connections that live on after our love one passes. I have had a lot of profound dreams where my son has communicated with me.  Sometimes it is through something he said in the dreams, but mostly is a happy feeling of us being together.   His alarm clock kept going off in the middle of night the first month after he left.  And sometimes it still will start ticking real loud and wake me up. 

Things that happen that make you think of your child, then that is the sign.  But these are things special to you and your child.  Something that makes you think of them.  Or special things you did together. 

My son loved music, so hearing certain songs come on the radio so soon after he passed, especially when we were in heavy grief, made of think, yes this is from our son.  And I also noticed whenever I looked at a digial clock and saw the time having all the same number, like 2:22, 1:11, 12:12, etc, that is a sign for me of Tim saying I love you Mom.  To this day, whenever I notice this on the clocks, I automatically say I love you too Tim. 

For my husband, it was finding golf balls!  They use to golf together.  And he has found them in the strangest place, out in the middle of a forest once!  And also he finds lots of coins everywhere, so he feels that is his connection to our son.  I find them too but not nearly as often as he does.

I know some people see butterflies as signs, rainbows, flowers, dragonflies, frogs, shapes of clouds, animals.  The good thing is that there are so many things around that make me stop and think of my Tim.  And I can smile about that now and be happy.  Because our love lives on.   That bond still exists between and mother and child. 

Keep looking and your find what is destined to be your special sign between you and your child.

Love to you, Ramona Tim's Mom

Brenda Taylors Mom

• nospam
  • I miss you so much my "big tough guy"
    • View Profile
    • http://www.taylor-lewis.memory-of.com
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2010, 05:41:46 PM »
OH my gosh, Ramona, I do that with the clock too.. it seems like when I glance at it, it's like you said 11:11, 1:11, 2:22 etc.  And soon after Taylor was gone I heard a noise in our backyard and it was a big beautiful dove stuck in the tree, I helped set it free and I see pairs of doves all the time now . I got a tatoo on my leg of a dove and Taylor's name.  When I see the doves I always say I love you Taylor and Caleb

awms

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2010, 07:42:46 PM »
Adam just passed away recently, 2/21/10.  I have "heard" from him several times.  I dreamed about him the first night.  His voice was happy and he told me he was ok.  I was talking to him just a few days ago and I told him I loved him, my CD player in my bedroom turned on the same moment.  He was a great young man and I believe he gives me these moments to allow me some moments of peace during this difficult time. 
I think we should watch for these moments .. take them, hold them close to our hearts and smile as we remember our precious children. 

Dena

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2010, 11:39:23 AM »
I am so sorry for the loss of your precious son.  I am glad you found us - although I wish none of us had to be here.

I have had many signs from Josh.  Most are very subtle.  The appearance of a rabbit in our yard (my son loved rabbits and had a stuffed one when he was little), or  the songs coming on the radio that he loved all let me know that he is near.

Hugs,
Dena, Josh's Mom

oursonbilly

• View Profile
    • www.oursonbilly.com
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2010, 09:56:51 AM »
Hello estmom:  Sorry for the loss of your son, for us it was our son Billy who crossed over to heaven on June 26 2004. Billy has given us many different signs that he is still close by and the one that we can share with everyone is on our website www.oursonbilly.com [nofollow] which you can visit read our story and view a few pages of the types of signs through photographs that Bily continue to send us. They are always close by, they can feel our emotions and hear our thoughts and they know that we loved them.

Take care
Guy
www.oursonbilly.com [nofollow]

LaVonne

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2010, 06:35:20 PM »
I too have had signs. Just last week I was talking to Jason and was having a down day on my way to work. I said Jason I was just thinking of the song Amazing Grace and how you loved that. I then said I think I will sing that. and at that moment It came on the radio and I just smiled and knew. I got in my car that night to go home and as soon as I turned on the car Amazing Grace came on again and that was all I needed. 

take care and keep listening and looking for your signs. They will be there.  LaVonne

Dottie (Tammie's Mom)

• Tammie (My Precious Daughter) 8-9-65/9-14-05
    • View Profile
    • Project Tammie
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2010, 06:14:27 AM »
If you are able to sit and read get the book by John Edward ( the medium) titled ONCE LAST TIME. It helped me so much. I couldn't put it down.

HUGS,
Dottie Tammie's Mom

SARAH()

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2010, 12:30:17 PM »
The one time our baby twins "visited" us, it was not me who saw them, it was the son born 2 years later.

He was about 2 1/2 and we were on our way to the cemetery.  He asked where were we going, and I tried to tell him.  He asked, like I was a complete lunatic, something like "why are we going there to see them, they are right here in the car with us.  Why can't you see them, they are poking you.  Why don't they have to ride in car seats?"

I haven't had any experience like that since he did mention playing with them a couple of more times, but he could have been pretending.  But the experience was quite startling.  It was like he took their presence for granted.  He could barely talk.  It wasn't like he knew, or could understand that much about them.  And when we did speak of them, we spoke of them as tiny babies, but he seemed to see little girls closer to the age they would have been at the time, kind of hanging over my seat as I was driving.

I have a new car now, a van actually.  I kind of wonder if they join us on family trips :)  But they never let me know.