Author Topic: Feeling Totally Useless and a Burden  (Read 19935 times)

BillL

• View Profile
Re: Feeling Totally Useless and a Burden
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2010, 02:56:33 PM »
Don,
I give you sincere heartfelt condolences and "Dad Hugs" on the loss of your wonderful son.  I lost my Dad  3  1/2 years ago on Oct. 28 2006 due to lung cancer; and I recently suffered an unforseen feeling of delayed grief and  tremendous guilt.
I grieve more for what might have been with my Dad, and how I never got to have that final talk with him.  People tell me to remember the good times, but when I do, I cry.
Last week I accidentally saw some videos on youtube about a sailors and soldiers returning home to their families, and especially, their young sons, and it got to me.
Father's day was very hard, as I'm sure it must have been for you.

I have a suggestion. PLEASE forgive me if I am out of line.  But try to get your health back under control through exercise.  It may be hard at first, but after a while you will feel  better and better.  Just imagine Donny next to you, egging you on  :)
Exercise is the BEST DRUG ON THE PLANET. 
And please just pour yourself into the love you have for your family who are still with you.  They want you around, and I'm sure Donny would do.

I wish I could put my arm around your shoulder and shed a few with you, you sound like a wonderful man and I know you were, and are a wonderful father.

Peace,
Bill