Author Topic: Dreary and long days  (Read 2290 times)

Carlina

• View Profile
Dreary and long days
« on: January 26, 2010, 09:30:09 PM »
You must be strong to live in this life especially with grief as a constant companion. I had a new grandson born on Jan 19. He was three days old when he was transferred to the peds ICU unit a large city (Grand Rapids, MI) for an infection that could not be treated at the home hospital. He is now out of the unit but still in the same hospital and will continue to stay for another 5-6 days. Then we can bring out little guy home. 

Then yesterday his cousin (my four year old granddaughter) was playing at her day care and ran into the edge of a wall and was rushed to the hospital for a concussion, and 15 stitches in her forehead.

I have been so tired trying to be strong  for both of the boys as they deal with the illness of their children. It seems like it is one thing after another. I know that it has something to do with the weather and the cold. I am posting a question..... Is anyone else being affected by the cold and dreary weather? It seems like the days are very long Well I better close this post and tried to get some sleep.

georgiapeaches

• For mom, dad, Johnny & rock you left to soon!
    • View Profile
Re: Dreary and long days
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 10:47:45 AM »
Dear carlina,
every morning as I get ready for work, I ruen on the news, bad idea, beacuse along with the dreary weather, the terrible ecomony, the fear of loosing my job comes along with all the other problems going on in my life I am finding myself alittle depressed lately. I do understand how you feel. I am so sorry for whats happening in your life, I hope those two little ones are ok , and get through there illnesses ok. I do think the weather playes a big factor on our moods though. I hope it all passes though and maybe that big yellow ball will come back out and bring us some happiness. My prayers go out to you and your family and some big (((((hug)))))) for those little ones for healing quickly. feel better carlina.

Georgia.
MOM                        JOHNNY

mousewife

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: Dreary and long days
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 02:10:44 PM »
Carlina,

Yes, it does seem that this winter has been hard and depressing.  It seems a lot of us have felt that way.  The longest nights were not as hard for me as they were in the past two years, but, I have still stuggled with the pain of grief more than I anticipated.  As Georgia says, the news is also very upsetting, with so much of the world in crisis, and so many people in need.

I hope we will all feel better soon.

Peace and Healing,
mousewife