Author Topic: job, daily life etc  (Read 5028 times)

Luvinmike

• View Profile
job, daily life etc
« on: January 20, 2010, 01:59:34 PM »
Hi- I am either going to be getting a small promotion from my temp position in a large growing company- or next Friday I will be laid off. I am struggling with this anxiety. I interviewed yesterday and I think I did well, although a little nervous and a slight bit of rambling at the end, then I pulled it together. I am more than qualified, I am nervous like I have never been in interviews since this grief. I said ,'My husband died in May of 2008, there, that is out there and done, then back to professional stuff. The HR Manager did not really respond to this (She had asked me resume question that basically required me to say this as a small, critical part of my resume is our own business- i don't work there now). I don't need support, just I ma unfamiliar with corporate culture and wondered if anyone had any tips for dealing with personal thoughts during interview and also corporate job hunting period! Thanks in advance to anyone wanting to participate in this conversation or share how you are doing with things like this. THANKS!!

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: job, daily life etc
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 03:55:42 PM »
I don't have any tips...but I wanted to wish you luck and I am sure that you did great!!!

;)
Tony Repola 07/20/66 – 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven

Luvinmike

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 04:07:10 PM »
THANKS PAM!

sevenofwands

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 10:52:41 AM »
Hello Terri:

I also wish you lots of luck, and hope you get this promotion.  Do let us know how things progress for you.  Cannot say anything about corporate culture, or working in a large corporation (being self-employed for a long time now). 

However, in an interview I think it is best to just concentrate on the matter in hand, as if you were playing a part on a stage.  I have a feeling, maybe I am wrong, that corporate interviewers are not too interested in personal thoughts, less so feelings. 
So, I suppose one has to put on the tough front.

All the best
Seven

Luvinmike

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2010, 05:00:25 PM »
Hello everyone;
Okay, so I have updated my resume, interviewed three times for different positions- I have officially not been laid off as of today- I am permanent- crappy pay, great hours- insurance for family is 1/3 my pay- but I will save $150 a month for my health insurance immediately. I am glad of this and I have some leads for part time work to supplement- so, hopefully budget will work- do they ever? So. that is it. I went to my grief support group today after work- this group is one of the highlights of my life, great new friends! Thanks for listening, so at least I have a dumb job. :)

Luvinmike

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2010, 05:16:43 AM »
I'm still plugging along with all of this. I am so down today because I missed an important phone message for my son who then missed an interview because of it. I am trying to motivate myself to get more organized, and I did not do it fast enough. Oh well. I hope everyone else isn't working too hard either and I am glad I still have a job. And it is Friday. There is nothing I can do about this message. I guess just move forward. This is hard for me, I am angry with myself. On the bright side, my son is understanding.
Terri