Author Topic: Been awhile  (Read 2592 times)

Carlina

• View Profile
Been awhile
« on: January 17, 2010, 06:04:48 PM »
I have been gone awhile due to many things happening in my life. My mom's health is slipping a little everyday. My siblings and I have been trying to ease Dad's mind and to help with all the issues that dying entails.
My classroom has been a challenge this year. I have 10 special education middle school boys with Austim, and Emotional problems. Teaching has been interesting as I deal with each new problem that has come up.
The farm is settled in for the winter and we look to what spring will bring to the farm. Plans are being made and we are still following Mark's long term plans that he made before his death.
I finally decided to see a counselor to help with the depression since Mark's sudden death. The counselor feels that I was suffering from Post Tramua Syndrome (PTS) since I could not save Mark especially with my EMT training. This depression was affecting my health. I am now taking better care of myself.
I have been reading posts about the second year being harder than the first. I have found that to be true. I believe that I was so busy with getting my Master's  degree, working on the farm and in the feed store as well as working as a teacher that I didn't have time to grieve. It sure has hit me this year. I will continue to read posts and will try to add to the posts. Carlina

Luvinmike

• View Profile
Re: Been awhile
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 05:43:19 PM »
Dear Carlina;
I am glad to see your name, of course sorry for the grief and loneliness of missing your Mark. I am hoping the arthritis lets up and that you have the strength you need. Thinking of you and hope you will keep in touch.
Terri

georgiapeaches

• For mom, dad, Johnny & rock you left to soon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 10:46:33 AM »
Hi Carlina,
glad your back to talk, I agree with the health issue, I have been suffering abit and I think its do to depression and anxiety also. Also I dont think I am taking to good care of myself and need to do better. You do have alot on your plate and need to focus alittle more on just you, glad your seeing someone. Hope you feel better.

Georgia.
MOM                        JOHNNY

Luvinmike

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 02:03:45 PM »
Hey Carlina- I am sorry I mistook PTSD for a form of athritis, I do know better that it is not related. Sorry- I don't know why I thought tat. Hope you continue to feel well and definitely take the time you need to grieve. I am in the similiar time frame as you, and the sadness is extreme. You and I have a similiar situation as I tried to save my husband as he had his heart stop suddenly too. It is letting up for me, the questioning of myself- just that deep sadness. My heart goes out to you as always.
Terri