Author Topic: Wishing you all "Peace" this Holiday Season  (Read 3229 times)

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Wishing you all "Peace" this Holiday Season
« on: December 20, 2009, 03:02:25 PM »

((((((((((For all Mom's and Dad's spending Christmas without their beautiful children, I wish you Peace.))))))))))

This time of the year is difficult for us all and especially those facing their first Christmas without their children. Those of us further along have found ways to cope and it has become bearable for us in so many ways as we have learned to incorporate 'new' memories and to include them in a family gathering. Nevertheless, the Holiday's will never be the same for any of us, sadly.

Everything seems to come back around, full circle and I'm seeing that more and more as I get older, but not necessarily wiser. And, this is the first year that I am not wanting to 'miss' being with my family. Time just goes by too fast.

In the spirit of Christmas and Christmas's past, as we all hold dear certain childhood memories, both with our children and when 'we' were children, I hope that one of those memories will warm each and every heart of everyone here and bring you moments of peace.

I Love you all and I am holding you all close as we prepare for this week, with or without the festivities. I find solace in knowing that I can come here, anytime and my words will always be understood. I find this priceless and am very grateful for each and everyone of you.

With so much Love,
Terry

Pat Angies Mom

• View Profile
Re: Wishing you all "Peace" this Holiday Season
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 12:04:56 PM »
Expected this year to be difficult, it will be 10 years Dec 30 since Angela died. Her birthday is Dec 24. This year for what ever reason I'm looking forward to Christmas. No I haven't forgotten her, and I'll still do the "new" traditional things I've done for her (keep a candle lit all day on her birthday and angel day) and this will be the first year ever that I haven't spent Christmas Eve and Christmas morning with my son (now 27) excited to see him when I can. I expect an announcement coming this girlfriend seems to have "something special". Tom says in a lot of ways she really reminds him of his sister, her sense of humor, her hobbies and interests and out look of the world. . I hope this feeling stays and I don't crash in 2 days.
Angela Ann 12/24/75 - 12/30/99 you are forever in my heart

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 11:33:47 PM »
Hi Pat,

Thanks for sharing how you're doing 10 years down the road. I agree that it does become different and sometimes it's nice for the newer Mom's and Dad's to hear this from others who are further down the road.

And, I understand exactly what you've said about looking forward to this Christmas because I am, too. And, there's nothing wrong with that. Some have shared with me over the years that they feel guilty for feeling good because they feel as if they are not honoring their child. We always honor our children....but...this is all a part of this very long and difficult journey in learning to live again and without our children.
I've just never felt guilt of any kind when having a good time and feeling peaceful, because I deserve it. Heaven knows, everyone on this Board deserves it.

These dates..Oh My, are so close together. My heart really goes out to you. And, I can also relate to wanting this feeling of having Christmas spirit to last without 'crashing' in the next couple of days, because I feel the same way. We never know when it's going to happen or how bad it's going to be and that's what's so scary.

But, I like you, do feel different this year. I really have missed my family and I do not want to just 'go through the motions' this Holiday Season. It's a genuine feeling and I am extremely grateful for it.

You must be so excited regarding your son, Tom's 'good news' and I know will make all the difference in your feelings staying uplifted. We're always happy for our kids, especially when they're happy. Thanks for sharing that, Pat!

Your post was a breath of fresh air and it's nice to be able to share a 'good feeling' once in a while. Heaven knows, I come on here from time to time, literally 'freaking out' because I'm in so much pain that I can't even see straight, so it's really awesome to be able to come on here and share about how 'good' I'm feeling with someone! I believe this is called "healing."

Thanks again, Pat and know I'll be thinking of you with your darling Angela's Birthday and Angel date fast approaching. And, please come back and let us know how your Christmas was and I'd love to hear about how the 'new gal' in Tom's life is going !!!

Much love to you and wishes for a peaceful Holiday Season with your family,
Terry

Dottie (Tammie's Mom)

• Tammie (My Precious Daughter) 8-9-65/9-14-05
    • View Profile
    • Project Tammie
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2009, 07:32:53 AM »
Terry,

Beautifully said.

Peace and wonderfulmemories to all,

Hugs,
Dottie Tammie's Mom

tsoley

• We Love You Jordan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2009, 06:31:54 PM »
Thank you so much for your kind words. The holidays are difficult and I also wish peace and grace for everyone here.
Tammy (Jordan's Mom)

Brenda Taylors Mom

• nospam
  • I miss you so much my "big tough guy"
    • View Profile
    • http://www.taylor-lewis.memory-of.com
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2009, 11:48:57 AM »
Thank you Terry .. and I hope we all find a way to have some peace these holidays too. Love Brenda

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2009, 04:00:47 PM »
((((((((((((Dottie, Tammy, Brenda))))))))))

I just can't fit all the hugs I want to give you on this page!