Author Topic: Hello  (Read 3536 times)

Karen Paul

• nospam
    • View Profile
    • Chris Bascom Memorial
Hello
« on: December 14, 2009, 07:21:44 AM »
Hi everyone. I haven't posted in quite a while. Just wanted to let you all know that I still think about you and your kids all the time. And hope that you are finding some peace in your lives and that you feel your children close by you this difficult holiday season. A peaceful Chanukah and Christmas to all.

Been missing my nephew Chris so much lately. He would have turned 23 yrs old December 1. Gosh it is so hard to imagine how grown up he would be now. He was almost 17 when he died six years ago. In general I've done much better in this sixth year, but this season always makes me sad. I'm sure it is partially because Chris died in November and his birthday and death date are all wrapped up in the holiday season of Thanksgiving and Christmas. But I just miss his presence in our family so so much. He was our only- only nephew for me and Keith (on my side of the family)- only son of my only sibling, Brian - only grandchild of my parents.

And every now and then that sharp pain of grief strikes again and I realize once more that we all have a lifetime to live without him here to share it with. I have a friend in Buffalo, who's 2 older girls were in a hit and run on Nov 30- driver came through a red light and hit them and took off- has not been caught- I think this brought back all those feelings from when Chris died (from a hit and run)- my friend's children will be ok thank heavens- but it did bring all those suppressed feelings back to the surface.

I just wanted to come and let you know that i'm still here, just not posting so much. And you are all in my heart always.

luv and hugs, Karen
proud aunt of Christopher
12.1.86-11.12.03

Dena

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 04:07:19 PM »
((((Karen))))

I have been thinking of you.  This season is hard on us all. The years melt away during the holiday season. Your friend is very much in my thoughts. We have had a number of tragedies in the Buffalo area recently. I hope they catch this monster.  One of my friends had niece who was crossing the street with a friend when they were  hit by a car in Amherst and the driver took off. They caught up with the driver and she has been prosecuted and will do time, but the niece has ongoing issues due to a brain injury and it has been a long struggle for her to come back.

It brings all those issues back as far as the grief/PTSD though.

Keeping you close in my heart & thinking of Chris.

Love,
Dena, Josh's Mom

Brenda Taylors Mom

• nospam
  • I miss you so much my "big tough guy"
    • View Profile
    • http://www.taylor-lewis.memory-of.com
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 06:34:55 PM »
(((( Karen)))))

Jeanneb

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2009, 07:47:42 PM »
Well Hi there Karen!!!!!

It is great to see you post.  I don't post much myself anymore but do try and check in.  I think of you often and hope that  you find peace and great memories this Christmas.

Hugs,
Jeanne
Philip's mom forever
Bruce's sister

Dottie (Tammie's Mom)

• Tammie (My Precious Daughter) 8-9-65/9-14-05
    • View Profile
    • Project Tammie
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2009, 07:05:32 AM »
Hi, Karen,

Really nice to see you post.

Hope all is well with you and your family. This time of year is so hard on all of us.

Keep in touch you are missed.

HUGS,
Dottie Tammie's Mom

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2009, 01:54:39 PM »
Hi Karen,

So nice to see your post as I always think of you, of everyone whether they post or not.

Holding you & Chris close, with love,
Terry

Kathy

• nospam
  • Don
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2009, 06:10:10 PM »
Dear Karen,

It was so good to hear from you. I also don't come here that often, but the holidays bring out the sadness even more. My sister, Don's aunt always reminded me so much of you. You are both wonderful aunts.

I hope you are surrounded by sweet memories of Christopher this holiday season.

Love,
Kathy-Don's Mom