Author Topic: Hi Again-  (Read 7105 times)

Erics Mom

• nospam
  • Eric's Shooting Start Picture
    • View Profile
    • Welcome To Eric's Place
Hi Again-
« on: November 23, 2009, 05:20:16 PM »
Hi Everyone-
It's been many years since I've visited Tom's wonderful site.  I can't even count the hours I spent here- sharing my grief, my nightmare and gradually my creating a new normal.  It saddens me beyond belief to see all of you on this grief journey but I"m so glad you found Tom's place and each other.  I can tell you that life does get easier...but as I've experienced these past few weeks, it is possible to get blind-sided by a rush of grief- even after nearly 13 years.  I guess the good news from that is my connection to Eric is still so strong that I can feel those emotions.  You don't "lose touch" or forget....the pain softens and the good memories strengthen.  Thankfully. 
Karen

Dena

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: Hi Again-
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 06:44:39 PM »
Hello Karen!

I am so glad you posted - it gives hope to those new to this journey that there will be time when it softens.  You are right - we create our own new normal.

Hugs,
Dena, Josh's Mom

MARTHA(CANDI'S AUNT)

• nospam
  • AUNT MARTHA LOVES YOU CANDI
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 06:00:24 PM »
KAREN,
 GLAD TO HERE FROM YOU. MY NIECE HAS BEEN GONE 4 1/2 YRS. NOW. SHE WAS KILLED MAY 13,2009. I MISS HER SOOOOOOOO MUCH.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING,

MARTHA

Brenda Taylors Mom

• nospam
  • I miss you so much my "big tough guy"
    • View Profile
    • http://www.taylor-lewis.memory-of.com
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2009, 06:42:13 PM »
Hi Karen. I don't remember you but I'm glad you came back to post. Thank you. Love, Brenda
I lost my "baby doll" ( Terry's adorable name for my Taylor) 5 years ago when he was hit by a car, him and his best friend, Caleb, they were both 14 years old. Is there anywhere on here to read about Eric? Would love to know about him.

Erics Mom

• nospam
  • Eric's Shooting Start Picture
    • View Profile
    • Welcome To Eric's Place
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2009, 07:07:33 PM »
Thanks, everyone....I'm  just learning this new and improved site--- It's stretching my web knowledge a bit!

We do have a website for Eric- it needs updating but it's :  www.eric-pinsky.com [nofollow]

I want everyone to know there is hope for a future that doesn't hold this extreme and profound pain 24/7.  It just takes time- different for each person....and it's not that you'll never feel pain again....it just gets different.  I used to tell people it's kind of like when you first fall in love with your soul mate....the extreme heightened sense of excitement/love-- it's with you at that level 24/7........at first.....and then it's not that your love fades but you just can't live with that extreme emotion all the time....it just kind of settles into your normal.  I feel it's that way with my grief- it's not that I don't get flashes from time to time of that moment-- but most of the time that fact I"m a bereaved mom is just a part of who I am- not the forefront feature like in the beginning days.  Don't know if that makes sense to anyone- - - -

I hope you can all find moments of peace this Thanksgiving.  When they come- and they will come - grab hold of them and don't feel that by doing so you are somehow betraying the memory of your child.....think of those moments as gifts from your child and treasure them. 

Dottie (Tammie's Mom)

• Tammie (My Precious Daughter) 8-9-65/9-14-05
    • View Profile
    • Project Tammie
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2009, 06:58:15 AM »
Hi, Karen,

Thank you for sharing about your grief and how it changes.

I lived on this site the first two years I am now in my 4th year and as you say the grief is different. Always there but different.

For me it helps to know others are many years into there grief and have found ways to bring life back in to their lives. I am working on that.

Again Thank you for sharing.

Dottie Tammie's Mom

Kathy

• nospam
  • Don
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2009, 08:11:07 PM »
Dear Karen,

I printed off your post so that I may reread it. It has been 5 years since I lost my 16 year old son, Don in a car accident. We live in North Carolina. Don wanted to go to college at Carolina( he was a big Carolina fan).

Your website for Eric is lovely. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Kathy-Don's Mom

Marianne

• nospam
  • Alek's Mom
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2009, 09:07:33 PM »
Oh Karen.  I just knew I was being drawn here today for a reason.  Your post is inspirational.  It really gives me hope.

Thank you.
Marianne (Alek's Mom Forever)

KerrieP

• Dominic Niall on his 7th Birthday at ChuckeCheese.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2009, 01:10:01 PM »
Dearest Karen,

Thank you for posting about your journey, and for giving us newcomers some hope and direction.  I lost my darling 7 year old son Dominic 10 weeks ago, and the pain is unbearable.  I wake up in terror in the night, and with horrific grief in the morning.  The hours go by so slowly. 

I visit this site when I need some help and hope, and today it has given me both.  I send much love to EVERYONE here, and hope good things can again happen for us all.

Kerrie, Dominic's Mum.

Annette

• nospam
  • Michael, my beloved first son, I miss you so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2009, 07:16:12 PM »
Hi Karen,

Thank you for posting that it has gotten easier to live your life the grief. I'm only 2 1/2 years into my grief and while in some ways it's easier than the first year, in other ways it's worse, much worse. I pray and hope that I will improve with time. I know you miss your beautiful Eric so much!

With love,
Annette
Michael's Mom
12-13-82 - 5-14-07

Trevor & Michael 2004 Age3

nancy/Patricks mom

• nospam
  • WE MISS YOU LP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2009, 08:52:41 PM »
thanks karen
NANCY/JOHNATHAN PATRICKS MOM/3-31-87 - 12-08-07

grainofsand

• nospam
  • Hard to let them go...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2009, 07:10:09 AM »
Karen (Eric's Mom)
I visited the memorial web site~ so very touching.

You mentioned on a post in the Intro Children area that you wanted a picture of Eric on that thread.
I thought I post your beautiful son here.....for you. 
You may PM me if you would like further assistance to post more pictures.
Letter to Death: Death never looks back to see my tears or how difficult life has become now for me.
When death stops a heart, it doesn't understand that it beat with another.

Brenda Taylors Mom

• nospam
  • I miss you so much my "big tough guy"
    • View Profile
    • http://www.taylor-lewis.memory-of.com
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2009, 01:42:15 PM »
What a wonderful thing to do for Karen.. grainofsand..  your son
Eric  is so handsome Karen.
and Karen thank you for posting and giving us all hope for a better future that we can someday learn to live with this pain without it taking over over whole lives.. Thank you, Love, Brenda