Author Topic: Trick -or- Treat  (Read 3689 times)

Gail08

• nospam
  • Where Jolene flew into the wind
    • View Profile
Trick -or- Treat
« on: October 14, 2009, 03:22:03 PM »
Halloween is nearing and it brings so many memories of Jolene.  For many years we would pick out candy together for the trick-or-treaters.  Then on Halloween we would dress up and pass out the candy.   We would set up chairs outside and put a table between us with the candy on it.  We would just talk, bring up memories of the past of things we did together and just enjoy the time spent together while waiting for the trick-or-treaters.  I am sure this is boring to everyone but it is just something that I need to talk about.   I just need to talk about Jolene.
G                                  Sisters 2 the end
  A                                Friends 2 the end
     I                   _________________________
 J O L E N E              In my heart 4 ever

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: Trick -or- Treat
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 03:36:20 PM »
Dear Gail ~ you can talk about Jolene as much as you wish here on this forum....and it's not boring!   :-*

It's wonderful that you have so many happy memories of you and your sister together.  Sometimes I wish I had more memories of Tony and I...I definatly did not spend the time with him that I should have.  You're very lucky you and your sister shared such a specail close bond.

Please write as often as you wish.

Tony Repola 07/20/66 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven

laurenE

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 05:57:22 PM »
yes, the halloween memories.   I remember when my little sister was little,  i would take her around trick or treating.  Then we would hurry home to pass out candy.  She was allergic to chocolate and most everything she got was chocolate,  so then we had to ask the neighbors to have something a little special for her.   
Now, to this day I give out non chocolate items to the trick or treaters,  in memory of her.

Funny that a simple holiday like haloween can conjur up memories.

thanks for sharing your story.

lauren

YoungerSis

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2009, 11:19:56 AM »
Gail,
Your Halloween story brought back memories for me as well.  When my sister's children were little, and I was young & single, I would go to their house for Halloween.  We would take turns giving out the candy and taking the kids trick or treating.  To this day I miss those Halloween nights with her and her kids.

pepper309

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2009, 11:50:15 PM »
Gail,
I don't think your pst is boring at all.  I still have a great picture of me and my two brothers at Halloween from when we were little.  We were standing in front of a giant ghost at our neighbors house, I was a gypsy and my little brothers were fighter pilots.  I love Halloween because it is such an imaginative holiday.  I hope that you can find a way to make it an enjoyable holiday this year. 

Luvinmike

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2009, 05:02:46 AM »
Dear Gail;
     I really like that memory you shared. I have sort of given up on holidays in the last few years, but I might try to spend Halloween with a relative now. You gave me the idea that it could be a good time to just relax and visit with someone special. I usually get frustrated w/ all these costume contests at work and stuff- like people are making me feel sorry for myself that my family is shattered- but they don't know how lonely I am. It isn't their fault they want to celebrate and I want to cry instead. Me and my husband had lots of fun and years of good times- now I just overhear everyone else's big plans. It is so hard sometimes.
I am so sorry you are missing Jolene. She sounds like your best friend and sister. I'm glad you have the small comfort of those memories. Talk about her some more when you can.
Terri