Author Topic: Strange dream  (Read 3226 times)

YoungerSis

• View Profile
Strange dream
« on: October 12, 2009, 10:56:20 AM »
Hello everyone,
I have not posted in awhile, but I have been reading your posts every now and again, and trying to keep going.

I was out of town on a business trip this past weekend and, as usual, I don't sleep well away from home, and usually have strange dreams.

The other night I dreamed that I was at work, and I ran into my sister in the hallway.  She looked beautiful, and had no signs of the cancer she had battled before she died.  I was astonished at seeing her, but she smiled and just said that she was fine, and that she pretended to die to get away from her controlling husband.

Then she said she wanted to be in one of my research studies (I am a clinical research coordinator at a large hospital).  So I scheduled her for a study visit, then I ran and told my family that she was still alive!  Of course they didn't believe me, so when she arrived for her appointment, I showed her to one of the exam rooms, then ran to get my family.  But when they came back with me, she was gone, and even her name had disappeared off the printed schedule!

I woke up feeling a little strange, but almost comforted in the fact that maybe my sister was trying to tell me that she really is okay!

Any insights into this? 

Thanks for reading!

Luvinmike

• View Profile
Re: Strange dream
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 06:33:00 PM »
Hi Youngersis;
I haven't had a single dream, so I do not know, but this sounds positive. I think it sounds healing, maybe you are getting used to the idea that although you can't show her to everyone- she is still with you. Just wanted to say, "Thinking of you." and wish you the best.
Terri

YoungerSis

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 11:21:09 AM »
Thanks for your reply, Terri!  Yes, it was a healing dream and I woke up feeling good about "knowing" that my sister is okay.

Take care.  I wish you peace and comfort as well.

pepper309

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2009, 11:46:38 PM »
I think that it's great that you sister chose to communicate with you in that way.  She must have wanted to reach out to you because she knows that you are having a hard time with her passing.  I hope that you have many more wonderful dreams of your sister.  :)