Author Topic: Dominic - Son of KerryP ~ New member  (Read 8789 times)

grainofsand

• nospam
  • Hard to let them go...
    • View Profile
Dominic - Son of KerryP ~ New member
« on: September 28, 2009, 04:34:49 PM »
I moved this post from the "Introduce our Children" thread as Kerry is a new member and I didn't want her post to be over looked.  She had posted this a few days ago.  I know you all will give her the support and love you are known for.  Kerry, if you go back to where you posted the original, I answered you how to do pictures.  Please check your Private Mail/messages.

I'm so sorry for everyone's loss, and I'm so sorry that I am here.

I lost my 7 year old son Dominic one week ago today.  He had a life-long heart condition that we'd been treating well with medication, and most of his life he was able to be active and fun loving.  Despite health problems he had a very full life.

But after a week in the ICU with a fever of 105 and other symptoms, Dominic's heart suddenly and unexpectedly gave up and he couldn't be revived.  He is my only son, and I'm devastated.  We haven't had his funeral yet, as they had to do an autopsy on him to determine cause of death.  I don't know where to turn.

Kerrie, Dominic's mum.

Can someone help me post a photo of him please?

Letter to Death: Death never looks back to see my tears or how difficult life has become now for me.
When death stops a heart, it doesn't understand that it beat with another.

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: Dominic - Son of KerryP ~ New member
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 04:49:15 PM »
((((( Kerrie )))))

I am so very sorry for the recent loss of your precious little boy, your Dominic. Please know I am holding you close to my heart and if there is anything we can do to help, just let us know.

We are here for you. Anytime. We all know the pain from losing a child and I so wish I were there to give you the biggest hug right now.

You have my love,
Terry

Brenda Taylors Mom

• nospam
  • I miss you so much my "big tough guy"
    • View Profile
    • http://www.taylor-lewis.memory-of.com
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 06:32:36 PM »
(((((((( Kerry)))))))) I am so deeply sorry for the loss of your little Dominic. We are here for you.... Love, Brenda

Rebecca

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2009, 06:54:34 PM »
I too am sorry that you are here.  Know, as others have said that we have been and are on this road and we will be here to post to you.  You can be as specific as you need I believe to get your feeling outs when the time comes.
Rebecca Jason's Mom

Dena

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2009, 01:37:12 AM »
((((Kerrie))))

I am so sorry for the loss of your precious son, Dominic.  I am glad you found us - although I wish none of us had to be here. I hope you will share more about Dominic when you feel ready. 

Hugs,
Dena, Josh's Mom

Debh

• Forever Loved, Forever Missed, Never Forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2009, 05:56:22 AM »
I am so sorry for the loss of your son Dominic.

You have come to the right place for help, support and understanding. I wish we didn't need this board but grateful we have this board to come to.

Love Deb

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2009, 09:04:05 AM »
I am so sorry for the loss of your Dominic.

I echo what all have said so far....

I hope this site helps you as it has helped me. 

Take care of yourself.
Tony Repola 07/20/66 – 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven

coreysmom

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2009, 04:27:19 PM »
I am so sorry for your loss of Dominic. 

My heart goes out to you.

jillsmom

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2009, 04:41:04 PM »
Your sweet boy. He sounds like quite a fighter. Seven years is much too short. I'm so sorry. I hope you will be able to post your pictures soon.
with love, Kay Jill's mom
cooking for friends 2008

Dottie (Tammie's Mom)

• Tammie (My Precious Daughter) 8-9-65/9-14-05
    • View Profile
    • Project Tammie
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2009, 06:08:50 AM »
I am so sorry you had the need to find this board. Most of the people here are helpful in helping you not feel alone and letting you scream out for help when needed.

Again I am so sorry for your loss,
Dottie Tammie's Mom

momofwatsonx

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2009, 11:12:02 AM »
I am so sorry for you loss,  it is so unfair that you or any of us has to be here.  i will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers 

Annette

• nospam
  • Michael, my beloved first son, I miss you so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2009, 01:04:45 PM »
Kerrie, I'm so very sorry for the loss of your precious son, Dominic. This is the place to come for understanding and love. My heart goes out to you and your family.

Annette
Michael's Mom
12-13-82 - 5-14-07

Trevor & Michael 2004 Age3

Annie1973

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2009, 05:57:49 PM »
Dear Kerrie,
Bless your poor wounded heart! I am so sorry your sweet Dominic has died. Please, please lean on us as much as you want, we are all here for you and we will do all we can to help you. There are many questions you'll have and we will answer them as best we can, you are not alone, you are not alone, you are not alone!
Much love,
Annie (Dans mom)

KerrieP

• Dominic Niall on his 7th Birthday at ChuckeCheese.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2009, 10:19:25 AM »
Many thanks to everyone who responded to my post about the loss of my adorable little boy Dominic.  And thank you grainsofsand for the help in getting set up.  I appreciate you being there, and I grieve for everyone who has had to live thru this nightmare.

It is now just over 3 weeks since Dominic died, and I still can barely get thru the day.  How have people coped during this initial time of losing a child?  I'm a stay at home mom, without a child to care for now, and I don't know where to turn.   Dominic had just finished kindergarten and had been back at school just two days before getting sick and passing away, and all my plans have fallen by the wayside.  My husband has returned to work, so I need to find a way to get thru the long lonely days. 

All help and suggestions are gratefully received. 

Dena

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2009, 03:05:23 PM »
Kerrie,

I remember those painful first days.  I journaled. You can purchase a journal just about anywhere, but I used the Angel Catcher Journal (that is on Amazon.com) It gave me ideas to channel my thoughts enough to get it all down & out. 

This site was a huge help. Everyone here is very supportive and that kept me going.

Love,
Dena, Josh's Mom