Author Topic: 10 month anniversary  (Read 5382 times)

Gail08

• nospam
  • Where Jolene flew into the wind
    • View Profile
10 month anniversary
« on: August 21, 2009, 02:28:03 PM »
Yesterday was 10 months since my sister has been gone.  This is the longest we have ever been apart.  I feel so much of me is missing without her.  Sometimes I feel as if I am starting to get a grip on things and then all of a sudden I just fall apart.  Learning to live life without her is so hard to do.  We always walked together and when I lost her I lost my best friend as well.  I loved her and miss her SO much.  It helps so much to be able to talk and know there are people here that understand.
G                                  Sisters 2 the end
  A                                Friends 2 the end
     I                   _________________________
 J O L E N E              In my heart 4 ever

BigSis

• View Profile
Re: 10 month anniversary
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2009, 06:04:05 PM »
Hi

I totally understand yr pain. There is such an ache in your heart.  Only those who have gone thru this loss will understand.  I have been listening to guided meditations by Brian Weiss. He says that we are all connected to our loved ones who have passed on as love never ends.. I hope they are at peace.

Take care

BigSis

Jillers

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 10:37:43 AM »
Hi Gail,

I too lost my big sister. Teri was 11 years older and we (just like you and you sister) were best friends. We went on almost all our vacations together and spent most every weekend together. We talked everyday sometime twice a day. She was like a second Mom to me. It has 9 months since she passed and I'm still not "normal" and not sure I will ever be. People who have not experienced a loss like this don't understand and avoid the topic. I was with my sister everyday of her illness until the very end. Cancer took her in a 1 1/2 year time frame so we were able to talk about feelings and laugh about our good times. There is a portion of my life that is gone forever and I know that, but each day I try to push myself do to something positive either for me or for her memory. I'm so sorry for you, I understand exactly what you are going through. You are not alone ever though sometimes it might feel very alone without her. I'm sure you have wanted to pick up the phone about a million times to just call and share something that just happened, I still do. Take care of you and know there are people out here dealing with the same thing and are sending hugs your way.

Jillers

YoungerSis

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2009, 07:04:07 AM »
I lost my big sister 4 months ago today.  We talked on the phone almost every day in the last few months that she was ill.  There are times that I say to myself that it is time to call her, then I remember that I can't call her.

She was such a beautiful woman, and to watch her waste away with cancer was awful.  But I picture her as the upbeat, fun, and beautiful sister that I remember.

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2009, 02:41:50 PM »
Gail ~ thinking of you....hope to see you in chat again soon.
Tony Repola 07/20/66 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven