Author Topic: 18 months  (Read 5933 times)

kevinjj

• View Profile
18 months
« on: August 12, 2009, 06:59:49 PM »
The 14th it will be 18 months since my wife died in a hospital, unable to recover from major surgery. I don't have anything special planned other than extra memories of her and for her in love and honor. I hope the day passes quickly and that I don't linger too long beside her hosptial bed yet again, seeing her gone from me for the first time. I'm not sure of who and what I really am these days but I am the decent man she helped me become, that much I do know and I'm grateful for that. There aren't adequate words to express all the feelings on these anniversaries that keep coming for all of us, but I do treasure the warm memories and it won't be all sadness on the 14th. I guess I have become able to do more of that with the passing of time, remembering the good and happy times and funny times and the plain old contentment of being with her.

Carlina

• View Profile
Re: 18 months
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 04:04:00 AM »
Today it has been 13 months since Mark passed away in my arms. I too have been thinking of him and what we had together. It seems that  he will still come through the door or I will see him on the tractor on the farm.  I agree that we need to honor and respect the person that they were.
I can tell by your words that your wife would be proud of who you are and what you will become because she was in your life.
Take care Carlina

Luvinmike

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 05:15:34 AM »
Kevin I am thinking of you on this milestone. The days just keep passing and you miss your loved one, it is good to remember the contentment you felt. I like that, that is love- and i also agree with Carlina's reply.
Hoping you have an okay couple of days. Your friend, Terri

teppuM999

• i love you matthew
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2009, 08:37:27 AM »
sending you good thoughts

"Don’t say we have come now to the end. White shores are calling. You and I will meet again. And you’ll be here in my arms, just sleeping."

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2009, 11:48:58 AM »
kevin ~ thinking of you....I hope to see you in chat again.
Please take care and my thoughts and prayers are with you in all that you are going though in your life right now.
Tony Repola 07/20/66 – 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven

SoCal2010

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2009, 03:19:39 PM »
That's great you are in a place where you can remember the happy and funny times too.  I hope you remember some nice things tomorrow that comfort you.

laurenE

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2009, 04:16:11 PM »
kevin,

The 14th (tomorrow) will be the 7th yr since mom died.  I will drive the 2 hrs down to the cemetary and sit on mom and dads grave for a visit.   I will also send up special thoughts to your dear wife and a special prayer that you will find strength in the day while I am there.   You will not be alone.

lauren

tsurandy

• Peggy's Boy
    • View Profile
    • Randell Wheless
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2009, 05:08:36 PM »
Kevin, I feel your pain and pray you are okay.  I am approaching the anniversary of my Mama's death.  I will think of you and hope that you find peace!
Peggy's Boy

tsoley

• We Love You Jordan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2009, 05:24:09 PM »
I am thinking of you Kevin as you struggle through the day. I will pray that you may be comforted by your sweet memories of your dear beautiful wife.
Tammy (Jordan's Mom)

georgiapeaches

• For mom, dad, Johnny & rock you left to soon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2009, 07:48:44 PM »
Thinking of you Kevin, you are such a good man, I'm sure Betty always new that and was proud to be your wife. wishing you peace and comfort on this difficult day and knowing Betty is resting peacefuly knowing what a wonderful man you are, and making her very very proud.

Georgia.
MOM                        JOHNNY

Jap Jr

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2009, 09:21:38 AM »
Kevin
Thinking of you today and know that Betty is smiling at you! The anniversary dates are hard and it has only been almost 9 months. The closer it gets to one year, it is harder for me. I miss Jim and us so much. It just plain sucks ......

Praying for some peace and comfort for you today ............. you are a good person and deserve to have a good day. Enjoy those warm memories of you and Betty.

((( HUGS )))

Kay

DON W

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2009, 07:52:19 AM »
KEVIN,
hey bro its been a long time since we last talked/wrote to each other and for me its been a little over 15 months and you are right knowing who we are is not an easy realization i struggle with it everyday im still doing therapy/counseling but i feel like i just dont fit in anymore kinda tried to sorta date someone but it was not so successful it was like i just didnt feel anything and i think i was more scared of hurting this person because i just couldnt feel. anyway i go through most days just wondering anymore all i can think is how happy she was when i finally came too my senses and asked her to marry me and too lose her the way i did haunts my thoughts and dreams anyway i dont want to lose myself here so i just wanted to say i feel your pain brother and my heart and thoughts are with you,
Don