Author Topic: Daily accomplishments  (Read 55523 times)

MISSINGYOU

• View Profile
Re: Daily accomplishments
« Reply #90 on: September 30, 2009, 04:13:17 AM »
I AM FOR THAT LIVE-IIN COK AND MAID GIG! two kids two dogs and a small home in town doesn't cut it. I do 30 loads of laundry a week average and every thing else since hubby works nights. dull dull dull.
yesterday I thought about Kevin, worked on my "Dad scrap book" cried a lot yesterday. Must be hunting season is setting off feelings again. I miss him. Took the little one to the Dr. for her check up. Perfect health :), picked up big kid and helped her with her home work. cooked :P went to bed early.

Hope everyone is well. Computer was down and got fixed (sort of) it is crashing again. Mom is right, never get old. goes for computers too.

elizabeth

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 14, 2013, 07:19:15 PM »
I thought we could list all the productive things we did today. This can be an ongoing list if you want. I was thinking maybe it's good to acknowledge the positive steps we're trying to make. Even if they seem like small things, doing something small is better than nothing.

SoCal2010 from the Main Board started this thread some years back. I have re-posted it so that others can read the many responses and should you want to contribute, feel free. I always liked this thread.

Every night after dinner when me and my sister were little, we would go around the table and all share what we did that day. My Mom and Dad started this when we were very young and both me and my sister have continued it through the years. Even when it was REALLY hard to think of some minor accomplishment throughout the day....we always seemed to come up with at least one. And, it saw us through some pretty rough times. :icon_flower:

Today: I completed and checked off 7 out of 10 To-Do's that were on my list for this week and that I've been putting off, for one reason or another. One was chatting with my cable company for over an hour to find out when my new modem is coming as my internet has been going in and out. It felt good to accomplish that! :icon_cheers:

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 27, 2013, 08:36:30 AM »

Today is the first day it has not poured. So, I got outside in the sunshine and weeded in my babies's gardens. Something I've wanted to do for a long time.

It felt good!
:icon_flower:

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 29, 2013, 03:33:37 PM »

Another beautiful sunshiny day! Ran some errands in the morning and the afternoon took me to a place I've been avoiding; to my loft, and a large storage box containing some of my older stories, written many years ago. Just opening that box was an accomplishment for me. A lot of memories. A lot of feelings. I'll let them take me to where I need to go...... :icon_rolleyes:

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 30, 2013, 02:15:52 PM »

Today I spent some time at my office, getting ready for the holiday season which seems to be right around the corner when September rolls around. Brainstorming with the volunteers proved productive and all went well. A good day!

I thought a lot about Kevin today. It's his angel date. And, the timeless contributions he made to the members of these boards. What a beautiful person he was.

MyLou

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 01, 2013, 11:08:45 AM »
[i]Terry,

I like this thread. Last time I had new tires on my car was about 4-5 yrs ago.  Lou had bought them. 

A few of my friends have been telling me I need new tires for months.

Well, today I accomplished that got 4 brand new tires.  Now I feel a little safer  :icon_flower:
[/color][/i]
"Soulmates Forever"

I miss you every second of everyday My Love

I know I will see you again

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 01, 2013, 12:57:22 PM »

Great! Good tires are so important to stay safe on the road! I'm glad you stopped over. I always liked this thread, too when it was on the Main Board so I thought I'd refresh it as it was started by another member.

I write in my journal every day, too but it's easier to see what I've accomplished the last few days or so when ever I pop in here. And, I'm always surprised because I 'forget' sometimes that I got so much done! :icon_mrgreen:

Enjoy your Sunday, Lis!
:love4:

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 05, 2013, 02:42:43 PM »

Today I spent talking with a friend who was determined to make a terrible decision. They're going to wait, as I pleaded for them to, and sleep on it. I also suggested their talking with someone else and I'm waiting for a call back so I can drive them to do just that.

Life is complicated and upcoming dates of our loved ones causes a chemical imbalance in our brains and disrupts our thought process. When we are stuck in that deep, dark pit and there doesn't seem to be any light, we can feel as though our options are few. We've all been there and there's no shame in it. It's that shame that prevents some from seeking the help they need. When people admit the fact that they need other people, they've already taken the first step in getting the help they need.

I anxiously await their call.

I also worked in my babies gardens this morning but it got so hot, I became sick so I headed back to the house. Maybe I'll get out there earlier tomorrow morning before the temp rises.
:toothy4:

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 05, 2013, 06:24:16 PM »

Continued from last post: My friend is in the hospital getting the care they need. I received a call back and the situation had worsened so I called 911.

I can sleep tonight knowing that although the problem still exists, there is now a workable plan in place to help to prevent this situation from worsening in the future. Nothing is certain in life but a plan of action is better than no plan at all.

Yes....I can sleep tonight.

Peace be with us all.

Doug1222

• nospam
  • Keep on keeping on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 06, 2013, 05:52:28 AM »
I'm glad you got some peace, Terry.

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 06, 2013, 10:40:42 AM »

(((((((( Thanks, Doug. ))))))))) :love4:

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 01, 2013, 03:38:54 PM »

I finished pressure washing my pool deck. It's been an ongoing project. Next is: staining. I am exhausted! But, I hurt G O O D!!! :laughing6:

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 03, 2013, 04:48:35 PM »
I made someone aware of their selfishness while grieving. What did I accomplish? Hopefully opening their eyes to their destructive and hurtful behavior towards others. They were supported after their great loss but they saw no reason to reach out to someone else who has suffered a great loss. Grief does change some people and someone once made a profound statement that I never forgot,"We don't become better people after a loss. We become MORE of who we were before that loss." How true that is.

This person asked me for advice today. They asked me why the grass stopped growing but the weeds have become wild and out of control. I replied,"Well, maybe it's because you only tended to your own garden." Selfishness breeds and strengthens when we don't look beyond our own fences.

Grief is very selfish. :nono:

Or, forgive them because they know not what they do? Or do they really not know? I say that we get back as good as we give.

I'm only going around once in this lifetime. :clock: I don't have nine lives. I should try to get it right the first time or at least try to recognize my errors so I don't continue making the same mistakes over and over again. :BangHead:

Above all: Love thy neighbor! :toothy1: I continue to ask for the strength I need to be able to accomplish this daily.

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 15, 2013, 01:59:03 PM »

Planted 180 tulip bulbs today in my children's gardens. 60 for each one. Nice day today at 80 degrees and overcast so it was enjoyable for gardening.
Now I'm looking forward to Spring to enjoy their beauty. Gee....that's the first time I've ever looked 'past' the holiday season before it even got here. :icon_cheers:

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 17, 2013, 09:31:33 AM »

My greatest accomplishment yet to come will be getting through this holiday season.