Author Topic: Daily accomplishments  (Read 55096 times)

kevinjj

• View Profile
Re: Daily accomplishments
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2009, 02:28:26 PM »
had a productive day at work
ate a real nutricious dinner
actually talked in chat briefly with seven
expecting a call from an old buddy tonight, aint talked to him  in years

sevenofwands

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2009, 03:53:31 PM »
Hello Kevin:

Well, I don't know what to say about my day.  It was hectic, and I am bushed now, coming up to mid-night here.

All the best
Seven

Donna B.

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2009, 04:42:52 PM »
Hi all, my day the usual treadmill, shower, and going out. Whether to the mall, the library, just out. This afternoon went into a chatroom which occupies my mind for a while, than went out to dinner. Just have to stay busy. I hope everyone is doing okay(as well as you can). The panic attacks are getting somewhat better, because I have found staying busy is the key. My love to you all. Donna

SoCal2010

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2009, 09:50:13 PM »
* Attended my 2nd "grief share" group even though I REALLY didn't want to go.

* Put on make-up and curled my hair for the first time in 3 weeks.

missumom

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2009, 10:55:24 PM »
I am so glad to have stumbled upon this thread.
What a great idea.  It is amazing how hard the littlest things can be when you are drowning in depression.

I notice I feel so much better when I get out of the house and do something with my son (almost 15 months old now), so today we went to the library and went and played at the park for a while.

When I got home I felt so good.  Instead of napping my day away I actually went out and did something!

The euphoria of feeling so good about getting out of the house gave me the energy to wash my bedding, remake my bed, vacuum my room, and clean out the cat's litter box.

The past month or so has been very bad.  I have been experiencing a bad downswing in my depression and have taken to hiding in my room, eating, and napping (whenever I am not taking care of my son).  My son naps a lot and I was napping right along with him every day.  I have been sleeping my life away, hiding from the world, shutting everyone out.  I have been in a bad place.

It felt really good to get out and see the light today.
Definitely an accomplishment!

~Meredith~

9/30/08 My Mom, my best friend, the one person who knew me better than anyone else, was taken from this world very suddenly and unexpectedly... and WAY TOO SOON!
I want her back more than anything in the world!!

1wabbit1

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2009, 11:51:09 PM »
Not as good a day today as yesterday, but there are a couple of good things. Tuesday.

- I made it to work and actually got things done. The pile on my desk has gotten smaller.

- I went to Walmart and got a couple of things I needed. Couldn't stay long but I made it through (cried some though)

That's it for today.

Theophila22

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2009, 12:01:40 AM »
It is so good and encouraging to read of all your daily achievements,
I made an appointment to see my GP this afternoon.
Finding it impossible to go to work , since I returned from helping my mother;
Maybe he will give me something which will allow me to keep it together enough to face work next week.

MISSINGYOU

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2009, 05:09:47 AM »
Tuesday
played witht he kids did art projects
took them to the library
went to the store and bought food

woke hubby up and had him help put food away...SURPRISE, he didn't have to go to work and asked if I wanted to celebrate our anniversery. I said "thats tomorrow." "No hon its today." I was a day behind. We went to dinner and got a sitter for the kids. first time in a year or more. ;D ;D ;D :) :)

Came home and slept....finally!

cokieslittlegirl

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2009, 06:24:42 AM »
Yesterday was 6 mos mark of losing my Dad. I try not to concentrate too much on the time passing...but I kept seeing it Aug 11, Aug 11, flashback...Feb 11, FEB 11! I did not let myself spiral down...I kept going.
Went to work - 10 hours.
Came home collapsed to sleep.

Today I will go to work and I will try to stay even tempered.
I will do the cat litter
I will make dinner for hubby.

georgiapeaches

• For mom, dad, Johnny & rock you left to soon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2009, 09:31:39 AM »
This is a woderful thread, I really have to sit and write down the things I do, but for the meantime, I hope everyone is doing as good as you can, and my prayers are with everyone, as always my candles are lit for us all, there has been a death here at school, (one of the teachers father) so I need to run out and get a card, and be around, so just wanted to stop in and say "hi"and wishing you all a "great day".

Georgia.
MOM                        JOHNNY

kevinjj

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2009, 09:39:45 AM »
This sure is a wonderful thread, Georgia that SoCal came up with.
I had a good breakfast
made it to work safely
helped one person with some college stuff he was working on

I remember the nightmare of returning to work after my wife died, that first day was its own brand of hell -
it is real helpful to simply post a few things that are positive and life affirming here - I do have some good things in my life that I need to appreciate more

SoCal2010

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2009, 10:37:00 AM »
Today is my birthday so I was hoping I would be strong and do things my Mom would want me to do to celebrate. I thought I'd treat myself to a gift, go to lunch with my stepdad, get my hair cut. Stuff like that. But then I woke up after having some vivid dreams. It's the first time I've remembered any dreams. In one dream, my Mom wasn't feeling well and I was trying to tell her she would be fine. I woke up with a very heavy heart. I have been crying all morning. I feel miserable. I'm hoping I can at least do one thing that my Mom would want me to do today but it's very hard.

georgiapeaches

• For mom, dad, Johnny & rock you left to soon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2009, 04:24:27 PM »
Happy Birthday Socal, sorry your feeling low, I know my birthday doesnt do anything to excite me anymore, but I bet your mom is smiling down at you, because I'm sure your birthday always meant alot to her, so I'm sure theres not much you need to do to make your mom proud, I'm sure she already is.

Georgia.
MOM                        JOHNNY

SoCal2010

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2009, 09:22:39 PM »
Thank you Georgia. :)

MISSINGYOU

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2009, 05:17:57 AM »
8-12

did dishes

played with kids

helped the kid mowing my lawn mow my lawn. He broke the lawn mower.

Read 6 chapters in a book

took lunch to the hubby since he worked day shift...

Met the ER Doc

made dinner

ate late with hubby when he got home.

took shower went to bed.