Author Topic: I'm new here  (Read 12283 times)

Carlina

• View Profile
Re: I'm new here
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2009, 05:55:56 AM »
Suz,
I have a picture of my husband that was taken one week before he died of the 4th of July, 2008. He was teasing my daughter-in-law and she snapped the picture. It is a picture that I cherish as it looks so like him and shows his wonderful smile and his teasing eyes. I have it on my computer at work and also on my home computer. Each of the children and the grandchildren have the picture close to them. I also gave the picture to his brother and sister. Everyone said that it looks so much like him and shows his personality to a T.

So if you have a picture that brings you comfort then display it where ever you want. It will help to ease you through the grief process. Talk to the picture, discuss your day and the events that have happen. No you are not crazy just using what ever tool will help you through the difficult time.

MISSINGYOU

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2009, 06:18:04 AM »
I love pics. I take them, hang them, and look at them for hours. I have several of Dad and Mom. Their wedding picture, circa 1955, and one of the 3 of us on a train trip in West VA. I talk to him all the time. Blow kisses to him at his wedding pic on the way down the stairs, at the dinning room table ect...I also have a pic taken a week before he died, unfortunately this one does not portray my father. It is a man who is trying to be upbeat and fighting to live. Its all good. I talk to that one too. HURRAY!!!! WE ARE NORMAL. :)

Elizabeth

teppuM999

• i love you matthew
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2009, 08:04:11 AM »
i just want to say that i'm very sorry for the loss of your husband

as far as pictures, i think you should keep them. put them wherever you want. crying can be helpful and sometimes it's easy to think "i won't cry anymore for X, Y, and Z reasons," but sometimes having something that drags that out can be helpful.
i've got a bunch of photos of matthew and some of his drawings and my drawing of him arranged and sometimes (sounds weird) i go and lay next to it.
whatever helps helps, you know?

"Donít say we have come now to the end. White shores are calling. You and I will meet again. And youíll be here in my arms, just sleeping."

flamingofred

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2009, 07:18:16 PM »
Hi Suzanna it's me Kym

I am so glad that you are using this site.  Having a hard time making decisions is normal if you can't make a decision then maybe that is a sign that you shouldn't decide right now.

It's been 10 months since Larry passed away and all I can say is truly trust yourself (even though that sounds retarded sometimes) with all that you do.  You have to go through what you have to go through no matter how odd or weird it seems.  I remember about 5 months after Larry passed away I thought that my heart was actually breaking.

I pray alot and I don't feel so alone.

I don't talk to anyone about my feelings, Larry was the only one that I really trusted that's why finding and using this site was really helpful for me.

Be good to yourself and don't forget give me a call if you need/want to.

1wabbit1

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2009, 09:45:09 PM »
Thanks again everyone. I guess it's ok for me to keep those pictures up. I tried to take them down this afternoon, just to move them to another wall. Nope, couldn't do it. I have to see Fred's face.

Hi Kym, thank you for recommending this site. I haven't tapped into it as much as I thought I would. I kind of find it hard to write, can't explain it right now. Perhaps later. I do read every word everyone else writes, and I have learned so much and although I cry through it all, it does help. Cleansing tears?

I'm so sorry about Larry. I hadn't heard about his passing. He was such a nice man and very obviously very much in love with you. That from the one meeting at CJ's house.

I'm having a very bad day/night. My mom and dad came for dinner. It was nice, but I had to hold back the emotions so they wouldn't get upset. They're trying so hard to understand and to be there for me. My mom especially. She want's me to feel better and my old self so much that when she asks me how I'm doing and I say "OK" she immediately smiles and says "I'm so glad" then goes on as if I had just recovered from a serious illness and am out of danger. I know how hard it must be for a parent to see their children hurting. When one of my kids are hurting I hurt right with them and want to kill who ever cause that pain.

I have one friend that is really proving to be a gem. She called me this evening to tell me she's going to be out of town till Monday and that she wanted me to know just in case I needed to call her to talk. She didn't want me to be disappointed she wasn't there. I cried after I hung up. I'm feeling more alone knowing she isn't going to be there. I guess maybe it's a good thing. I'll have to learn to deal on my own I guess. Not that I would have called her anyway, but it's nice knowing there's a life-line out there.

Kym, can I use you as my life line, too? I hate to bother anyone.

Maybe I'll go have a bath and get ready for bed.

Goodnight my new friends, I'm thinking of you all. May you pain lessen and a smile creep onto your face.

.... Suz

flamingofred

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2009, 06:34:49 PM »
Of course you can use me as your life line --- you have my number I gave it to you on FAcebook, feel free to call.

Kym

Theophila22

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2009, 06:02:03 AM »
My heart is with you Suzanna, I am so very sorry for your  loss of Fred.