Author Topic: July 20th  (Read 3521 times)

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
July 20th
« on: July 16, 2009, 02:16:56 PM »
I was wondering what everyone here does on their loved ones birthday?  I have read some posts that it is a very hard day for everyone, and I am expecting a hard day as well, but was wondering, if I could possialby make ANY joy or happiness out of the day?

July 20th would have been Tony's 43rd birthday.  As the date approaches, I find myself crying more and more. 

I think about Tony all the time.  I miss him so much.  I read this board several times a day.  It brings me comfort.

My brother, my sister, Tony's son (8) and my other nephews will have a little get together with dinner for Tony's birthday.  I thought maybe I would buy some balloons and release them at sunset.

Tony Repola 07/20/66 – 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven

laurenE

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: July 20th
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 04:41:27 PM »
That sounds like a wonderful idea!  Sometime I buy a bday cake too and take a balloon and flowers to the cemetary. 

It can be a hard day.  But take good care of yourself on that day.  Maybe plan a spa visit or hair cut,,, something to pamper yourself.  Your brother wouldnt mind.

lauren

Luvinmike

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2009, 06:43:05 AM »
Dear Browneyedgirl;
My heart goes out to you in this sad time of missing your dear brother Tony.
So sorry.
I like your ideas of dinner and balloons, Lauren is right on in saying care for yourself.
I have randomly made some small donations in my husband's name for others in need, I have copied photos and given them to friends on special days, that is a nice gesture to do- and also planting a perennial flower or bush as a rememberance can be a good experience. Sometimes people put a note of rememberance in the newspaper ( I found this too expensive). Just a couple of thoughts for your request of ideas- but, most importantly remember your brother and his love for all of you. Let us know how you are when you feel up to it. Kind thoughts go out to you for the 20th.
Sincerely,
Terri

georgiapeaches

• For mom, dad, Johnny & rock you left to soon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2009, 02:04:52 PM »
Dear Browneyedgirl,
releasing the balloons, sounds wonderful. It might be a hard sound no matter what, maybe release the balloons, say a prayer and light a candle, start a little tradition and maybe it will get alittle easier for you. hope this helped.

georgia.
MOM                        JOHNNY

YoungerSis

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2009, 07:27:19 AM »
I am thinking of you today, July 20th, and hope the day brings you a little peace. 

My sister's birthday is not until next February.  I have already decided to donate to the hospice every year around her birthday.  My other sister had suggested a get together, but we will see when the time comes. 

Releasing the balloons sounds like such a symbolic and wonderful idea! 

Please let me know how things go today.  You will be in my thoughts and prayers.