Author Topic: Back home  (Read 5286 times)

MelissaCharliesMom

• View Profile
Back home
« on: July 12, 2009, 08:36:04 PM »
As most of you know we retreated to Maine and new England for awhile on our sons 5th angel date. Patrick (12), Emma (5), Brayden (3) and Sophia (7 months) kept hubby and I busy and we had such a great time. The first nights camping beside the ocean in Maine were interesting as the weather was horrid  rain, wind and cold!!!!We did finally get a few nice days in maine and had a great time on the beach. Patrick found a sand dollar and he was so happy. He had asked us the week before we left about finding one and we told him it was a good possibility since one of the beaches where we stayed is known for sand dollars washing on shore. He thinks his brother Charlie led him to it...and who knows maybe he did. Emma, Bray and Sophia had never seen the ocean before and Em and Bray had such a great time jumping the waves. Sophia wasnt quite sure what to think, when we put her feet in the water she laughed and when the waves crashed she had a look of utter amazement on her face. I did in fact take a walk with Patrick one night on the beach while Hubby tended to the rest of the brood and him and I wrote the names of all our kiddos in the sand then sat on a big log that had been washed up and watched as the waves slowly erased all their names. I wish the waves could erase our pain as easily, erase the events that took all of our children from this world...oh how I wish.
The rest of our trip back through NH, VT and then into the Adirondacks where we spent another week and were lucky to have great weather was excellent. if any of you are ever iin the Adirondacks (Tupper Lake to be exact) take the time to stop at a place called the Wild Center AWESOME!!
So now we are counting down the days until we take off again in mid August
on another camping adventure.
I cherish the time away with our precious kiddos, but it surely is a different experience now without my Charlie...different in a way I cant begin to describe, but I know theres no need to since you all understand.
Thinking of all of our precious kiddos tonight and sending strength and peace.

Rebecca

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: Back home
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 05:50:03 PM »
While Charlie was not with you in the physical being, it surely sounded like he was there spiritually. Were the kids use to the salt water and wasn't the water freezing. Oh well, they are kids and I bet get use to it quickly.  Sounds like a wonderful family vacation.
Rebecca, Jason's Mom

jillsmom

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 06:37:24 PM »
I love the way you make space for Charlie in your family life, not a heavy burden, just one of the kids along for a good trip. I know it hurts that he can't see it all with his own eyes, but I'll bet he's enjoying it all through you and the love you all have for him. Thanks for the vicarious vacation!
with love, Kay Jill's mom
cooking for friends 2008

Adams Brokenhearted Mama

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 08:57:43 PM »
Thanks for sharing your family vacation memories with us. Our angels are not physically with us, but they sure are with all of us in our hearts and minds.
XO Love to all my sisters & brothers-in-grief XO
Wishing you all peaceful moments, signs from your Angels & many blessings

Karen Paul

• nospam
    • View Profile
    • Chris Bascom Memorial
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 06:03:07 AM »
Hey Melissa - sounds like an adventure for sure - it's got to stop raining soon doesn't it?! It sounds like you guys have a wonderful time wherever you go, because you are all together, including Charlie - and that is the most important and precious thing..

We will be off to Martha's Vineyard with a group of friends next week - my brother and his wife will come too - we always write Chris' name in the sand as we walk - and tell him we miss him so.

Thank you for sharing your journey - Charlie was there with you all I'm sure of it.. showing the little ones the joy of waves and sanddollars..

luv and hugs, Karen
Chris' aunt

tsoley

• We Love You Jordan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2009, 04:18:30 PM »
It sounds like you all had a wonderful time and it also sounds like your Charlie was right there with you. I'm so glad it went well for you. Blessings to you...
Tammy (Jordan's Mom)

MARTHA(CANDI'S AUNT)

• nospam
  • AUNT MARTHA LOVES YOU CANDI
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2009, 04:50:21 PM »
MELISSA,
  i'm glad you & the rest of your family was able to get away. i think it's great that patrick found the sand dollar... i'm sure he'll treasure that always....
keeping you in my thought's & prayers.
martha

lwuest

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2009, 08:55:20 PM »
What a beautiful picture you painted for me with your words, thank you.  I can't explain why, but writing your childrens names in the sand and then watching them slowing fade away with the waves was very touching to me.  To me the message was that  we are here together on this earth for just a short while.  During that time we are given the opportunity to imprint ourselves on on everyone we meet.  Then that time  for us (the waves slowly erasing the names) here is done and others are given the opportunity to decide what they will do with their time on this earth.

Jeanneb

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2009, 10:02:15 AM »
Melissa,

So glad that you had a nice vacation with wonderful memories to cherish.  I know Charlie was right there with all of you as he is everyday.

It's great that Patrick found his sand dollar... what a gift from his brother Charlie.

Hugs,
Jeanne
Philip's mom forever
Bruce's sister

Brenda Taylors Mom

• nospam
  • I miss you so much my "big tough guy"
    • View Profile
    • http://www.taylor-lewis.memory-of.com
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2009, 11:35:13 AM »
Melissa, I'm so glad you all had a wonderful time. Sounds like you and your family make the most of these vacations. The sandollar, I agree Patrick will cherish it forever and him saying Charlie led him to it... how precious... Thank you for writing our kids names in the sand :)  Love, Brenda

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2009, 08:35:11 PM »
Welcome back, Melissa and I'm so glad you enjoyed your time away. It sounds like you all really enjoyed each other and Charlie was right there with you...he is 'always' with you!

How thoughtful and it touched me to read you wrote our babies names in the sand. Thank You, Melissa...and for sharing your wonderful vacation with us.

My Love,
Terry

LaVonne

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2009, 07:27:43 AM »
I am so glad you all had fun as a family and Charlie was there with you. I miss the family vacations. I would love to go to Maine . sending hugs  LaVonne