Author Topic: My beautiful daughter is gone  (Read 10404 times)

MelissaCharliesMom

• View Profile
Re: My beautiful daughter is gone
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2009, 07:40:25 PM »
I am so very, very sorry for your losses. I have little to offer at this point. It was 5 years on June 26...it gets different, but never easier never better. This place and the people here have quite literally saved me from myself on more than one occassion. Sending strength and peace.

jillsmom

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2009, 06:33:02 PM »
Donna, it is truly unbelievable that you have suffered the loss of your daughter. And not to have your husband by your side to understand and go through it with you, so hard. I also lost my daughter in an unexpected death, and I believe it makes it much harder to accept that it is real. It just feels like a nightmare that we haven't woken from yet. My daughter Jill was 21 when she died in her sleep (cause so far unknown) this past February. I don't know if I will ever believe it. I really rely on this board with other parents who know how it feels to have your life ripped apart. My heart goes out to you,
Kay Jill's mom
cooking for friends 2008

Barbara

• nospam
  • Forever in my thoughts, Forever in my heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2009, 07:09:25 PM »
Donna I am so sorry for your losses. My heart breaks for all of us. Some days are better than others. I find that I function and right now that is my best. My son was 22 when he was killed a year ago. I understand about the anger. I am angry at so many for so much. And there are days I still find it quite hard to comprehend. And I understand about the "quietly going crazy" feeling that you describe. I don't have any deep words of wisdom, but as you already know this is a place of comfort and understanding.
          Healing Hugs,,,,,,Barbara (Patrick's mom)

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2009, 09:23:01 AM »
Donna ~ I am so sorry for your losses.  I can't imagine what you must be going though.  I lost my brother in March.  I don't know what I would do if I lost anyone else close to me.

Again, so very very sorry.
Tony Repola 07/20/66 – 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2009, 08:29:11 PM »
(((((Donna)))))
Oh my, what can I say except I understand the indescribable pain of child loss. You've lost your precious Jerri and still struggling with the great loss of your husband, Jerry. I am just so, so sorry. My heart cries every time I hear that someone else has to live with this pain, a pain that I don't believe ever ends, no, never, just becomes different and all of us in our own way and in our own time, learn to live 'with' the pain instead of allowing it to define who we are. And, we are broken hearted. We have lived through/with the 'unthinkable' and the "unimaginable' pain of child loss.

You will, in your own time, find your way, Donna. Just please take one day at a time or what I did for the longest time...one minute at a time. Be patient with yourself and rest as much as you can. Not only your heart, but your body has suffered a traumatic shock and though right now it's hard to imagine a light anywhere in your future, the darkness 'does' lift and a light 'will' shine, even though it's life is brief as is it's intensity.

We are always here for you and we understand. You don't travel this journey alone. You are never alone, Donna.

Sending you a BIG HUG and lots of love....((((((((((((Donna))))))))))))
Terry

Donna B.

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2009, 05:18:00 AM »
To all of you here that have lost your child and have taken the time to post and give me such support and Love(I can feel it) I just want to say thank you from the bottom of my heart. I feel the pain from all of you. I just wish I had some words for you that could comfort each and everyone of you. I am just starting down this lonely, heartbreaking road of losing my sweet, wonderful, beautiful daughter. I thought I would never get over Jerry's death, but as someone said this is a completely different kind of pain. I found a candle the hospital gave me after Jerri died and I would like to share the saying that was written on it. It is simply a plain white candle with this note tucked inside.

If your sorrow can be lessened
in some warm and special way,
By knowing that so many share
in your loss with you today.

And, if it brings you comfort
when others show they care,
Please know that thoughts are with you,
and remember they are there.

I send this to all of you and thank you so much for all your support! Donna

LaVonne

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2009, 06:03:30 AM »
I am so sorry for your loss of your husband Jerry and daughter Jerri.  Know I care and sending cyber hugs. So much grief in such a short time. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. hugs LaVonne

Marianne

• nospam
  • Alek's Mom
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2009, 10:19:07 PM »
Dear Donna,

I am so sorry for your loss.  Please know that you are not alone.  Allow yourself to grieve how ever you feel.  You have had a long, hard road.  I wish there was a magical phrase that I could type to make you feel better.  I am sending you love and support.
Marianne (Alek's Mom Forever)