Author Topic: My beautiful daughter is gone  (Read 10356 times)

Donna B.

• View Profile
My beautiful daughter is gone
« on: July 11, 2009, 03:46:27 PM »
Never thought I would be posting on the child loss board, but here I am. I have been posting on the main board as my husband died in 2007, now on June the 24th I lost my 38 year old daughter suddenly. She went into cardiac arrest and was declared brain dead on the 23rd and died on the 24th. My heart is broken and I have so much anger and pain inside. The if onlys are driving me crazy. I really have no one to talk to. No one understands how I  feel. I joined this website last year as my husband died of cancer and I made a lot of friends. I know everyone here is hurting. I just want to know does it ever end. I feel like I am just going quietly crazy. I hope everyone here finds some kind of peace. I just hope I get there. Will I ever?? Thanks it helps to get the feelings out.. Donna

Brenda Taylors Mom

• nospam
  • I miss you so much my "big tough guy"
    • View Profile
    • http://www.taylor-lewis.memory-of.com
Re: My beautiful daughter is gone
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2009, 04:18:34 PM »
You will, in a different way. There are the good days, laughter again, joy, and there are the dark days that still come. It's been almost 5 years since I've seen or heard my son Taylor. Do I think of him everyday, yes. Do I miss him as much as at first, yes, maybe more. You will find your way, and we are here for you.
I'm so deeply sorry about your daughter and your husband.
God bless you
Love, Brenda

Rebecca

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2009, 05:48:35 PM »
I believe that you are experiencing two completely types of grief.  I think losing a child is the worst of the worst.  I have not lost my husband, but I know that we are getting up there and losing our son was the worst thing that could have ever happened.  We are approaching our 5 year mark in Feb and it seems impossible. Jason at 31 had a heart attack... We found out later that he had very small, blocked arteries and he was gone in a split second.  There was nothing we could have done, even if we were in the room.  Thinking of you with your double pain.
Rebecca Jason's Mom

laurenE

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2009, 05:51:10 PM »
DonnaB,  I am so so sorry.   Its so hard to understand why you had to lose your husband and your daughter,  all in a matter of 2 yrs.  What a tragedy.  

I'm glad you are talking to us here.  I hope we can all offer you comfort. I hope there is a grief support group in your community as well.  Two major losses in such a short time is huge and you need all the support you can gather around you for these next few yrs.

Know that I am thinking of you and sending you comfort, prayers, and hugs

lauren  

MARTHA(CANDI'S AUNT)

• nospam
  • AUNT MARTHA LOVES YOU CANDI
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2009, 05:58:30 PM »
DONNA,
  i'm sorry for the loss of your daughter. my niece(candi-23) was killed may 13,2005. so i've been here for 4 yrs. i don't cry everyday anymore but i think about her all the time.... the pain is still there & i don't know if that will ever go away...
 i miss everything about CANDI..... 
just remember we're all here for you.

sending you hug's,
martha

Dena

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2009, 07:18:03 PM »
(((Donna))))

I am so very sorry about your precious daughter & your husband.  In time, you will come to a softer place, but it takes time and a lot of grief work.  It will be 10 years on 8/7 since I last heard Josh's laughter & saw his smile.  The "if onlys" are very much still there at times. 

I hope you will post more about your daughter when you want to.  There is so much support & love on this site.

Hugs,
Dena, Josh's Mom

Brenda(Jessica's Mom)

• nospam
    • View Profile
    • Jessica Kaiser
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2009, 09:00:29 PM »
Donna I am so sorry about your daughter, and husband. Like someone else already said, this new grief is different than the older grief, and although I dont think "it will end" as you asked, but it will get easier to handle as time goes on. I think I can speak for all of us on this board that a hole is in our hearts, and we all have to learn how to live with that hole somehow. Glad you found our board, yes it REALLY helps to talk to other  parents like us. Keep posting and tell us more about your wonderful daughter when you are ready.  Love, Brenda

charlesafather

• Take A Good Look, Life Is Only A Blink.
    • View Profile
    • In My Sons Memory
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2009, 04:33:06 AM »
Donna;
 this road is long,without the help of this board and some profesional help I dont know how i would have survive. I know your pain is unbearable so please talk with your Dr. and try to stay busy.

my thoughts and prayers
                                           charlesafther

Adams Brokenhearted Mama

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2009, 05:26:40 AM »
Donna-My condolences to you on the loss of your spouse and daughter. Please tell us about them. I wish for you today is peaceful loving memories of the two of them that ease the raw edges of sorrow. Paula
XO Love to all my sisters & brothers-in-grief XO
Wishing you all peaceful moments, signs from your Angels & many blessings

Donna B.

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2009, 05:53:30 AM »
Thanks to all of you for your responses, I am so sorry we have to be here. I am glad though for this site. It has helped me so much. My husbands name was Jerry. We were married 38 yrs. My daughters name was Jerri, she was named after him. She was 38 yrs old. Jerry was ill for a year(cancer) so even though it hurt so bad I was a little prepared. Not to let him go, but I knew it was going to happen. Jerri was gone in a flash, which I guess I am still in shock and just cannot believe she is gone. But someone once told me they are still here in my heart and always will be. I'm hanging on to life now maybe by just a thread, but I am hanging in there. Thanks again to all of you, what a great bunch of people. I wish I could give each and everyone of you a hug.  I am also so very sorry for each and everyone of your losses. Donna

Dottie (Tammie's Mom)

• Tammie (My Precious Daughter) 8-9-65/9-14-05
    • View Profile
    • Project Tammie
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2009, 05:58:35 AM »
So sorry for your losses.

There is nothing worse than to lose a child. The pain gets different but it is always with us.

Dottie Tammie's Mom

jsdaa

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2009, 07:10:57 AM »
Donna,

I am so very sorry for your losses.  I lost my 28yr old daughter, 12/25/08, so I am still in the early stages of grieving.  She would have turned 29, June 25th.  She was found in cardiac arrest by her boyfriend on Dec. 9th and spent sixteen days in the hospital as they tried everything to save her.  The pain of losing her is horrific and I have been in some dark places since.  Just know, that you have people here that completely understand what you are going through.  This board has been my place to come and even when you don't have the strength to post, just read.  

Love,
Jamie
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 09:21:04 AM by jsdaa »

6/25/80-12/25/08

georgiapeaches

• For mom, dad, Johnny & rock you left to soon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2009, 08:46:53 AM »
Donna,
I just found your post, I would never pretend to understand the pain a parent feels loosing a child, so I would not say I know how you feel, but like I told you last night, I am so so sorry. So sorry for all your pain, you are such a wonderful woman, a wonderful friend to me, and anything you need , you know I am always here for you.

Love, georgia.
MOM                        JOHNNY

Jeanneb

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2009, 10:56:54 AM »
Donna,

I am so very sorry for your losses... your husband and now your precious daughter... just seems life is so darn unfair.

One day life will start to call you back... it will never be what is was but the pain will soften.  It doesn't go away, it just becomes different.

As you are able please share your daughter with us.

Baby steps and deep breaths,
Jeanne
Philip's mom forever
Bruce's sister

tsoley

• We Love You Jordan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2009, 05:44:24 PM »
I am very sorry for the loss of your beautiful daughter. Hold on tight, take deep breaths, and take care of you.
Tammy (Jordan's Mom)