Author Topic: Wondering About  (Read 12042 times)

Rebecca

• nospam
    • View Profile
Wondering About
« on: July 11, 2009, 12:56:00 PM »
I am wondering where Moms, Dads, Aunts, etc., who have not posted in a while are.  Do they get to a place where they don't read or post because they have come to some sort of resolution of losing their child.  Does reading from us over and over repeating so many of the same feelings from years ago put them in a darker place?  Do they read?  Would they let us know how their lives are and how they got there?  In my early days I remember some Moms posting all the time.  Now, nothing.  Somehow I feel that maybe I am missing something.  It will soon be 5 years and I read this board every day, sometimes twice a day.  I too don't post as much but I do post.  Just wondering about people who were on here  when I started 5 years ago, how are you doing?
Rebecca Jason's Mom

adele

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: Wondering About
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2009, 03:40:21 PM »
Hello Rebecca,

I lost my baby Thomas nine years ago. I still have pain and now have more of a different type- Thomas' dad decided I was a dark cloud in his life and he decided he wanted a divorce. AFter 2 years the divorce papers came this month.

I spend  a lot of my energy trying to help my remaining son who is 15 and has asperger's.

My days when my living son is with his dad I am alone - trying to figure out how to make a life viable.

I am still working with a new counselor to deal with my Post Traumatic Stress Disorder which was caused by the horrors of  watching my youngest son got through a bone marrow transplant and died with me standing by his hospital bed.

Adele - mom to Thomas(1/5/96-1/26/00)

SueH

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2009, 03:43:40 PM »
Rebecca,
Great question!
I've posted a few times in the past years asking how others from long ago were too. Just a few replies.
I wonder about everyone too. I read this board occasionally. I rarely post anymore. I post on other boards too, but like this one.. not very often.
For me it's hard to post, especially to all the new people. I don't have it in me anymore.. I'm burnt out. I'l post to something that I can post to easily. I don't think that just because people leave a board means they are any better in their grief journey.. maybe just different. Maybe they don't need all the support to their questions anymore. Most of them seem to be redundant. So for me too reading posts from new grieving parents starts to wear on me. So I don't read the posts now.  I feel for everyone I do, but Like I said... just burnt out and don't think I can really help. I do think too that reading this stuff over and over can put someone back.. into a dark place too. It does for my husband. My grief therapist told me to basically stop going on these forums because they are so depressing.
So.. maybe others will post, would be nice to know.

Sue *Sara's* Mom

"yep yep yep"

SueH

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: Wondering About (for Adele)
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2009, 03:46:02 PM »
Adele,
My hearts goes to you... as I too suffered watching my Sara pass through her bone marrow transplant too.

Sue *Sara's* Mom
"yep yep yep"

Brenda Taylors Mom

• nospam
  • I miss you so much my "big tough guy"
    • View Profile
    • http://www.taylor-lewis.memory-of.com
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2009, 04:04:03 PM »
I think sometimes you try to think of something to post or reply to and your just too drained to do it, or the words don't come.

Jeanneb

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2009, 10:53:48 AM »
Hi Rebecca,

I still come here because I feel that I received so much from those who walked this journey before me that it is now my turn to give back.  With that said, there are days that it is sooooooo difficult to read and I realize that I have no words.

I  think that we each in our own way has made some sort of peace with what is our life now and that we need to move forward, for ourselves, for our deceased children and for those who are still left behind with us.  We hear life calling us back.  The board and it's sadness can be very overwhelming at times. While Philip's journey here on earth is over, my journey still remains and I must continue to put one foot in front of the other until it is my turn to go from this earth and continue my spiritual journey.

I agree with Sue... I don't think people move on from the board because their any better in their grief journey... my grief has just changed... it is very different and more and more for me it is a very private thing.  I'm just not as apt to share.

I also think for some of us who have been here for a while that when the board format changed it really threw us for a loop.  I realize there was no way around it, it had to happen.  It is a very different format and for me I've never really cared for it.  I usually try to embrace change but this hasn't been so easy nor has it felt as comfortable to me.

It is all part of life's journey.

Jeanne
Philip's mom forever
Bruce's sister

MelissaCharliesMom

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2009, 07:43:37 PM »
Im still here too , read everyday and post when and if I feel I have something to offer. Since being back from vacation Ive found myself at a loss for words of wisdom and so I read, I think of all of you and your precious kiddos, but have little to say right now.

Brenda(Jessica's Mom)

• nospam
    • View Profile
    • Jessica Kaiser
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2009, 08:54:40 PM »
I feel like SueH does...it gets hard after awhile, and sometimes it is just too painful to relive the early days of this grief. I hope everyone understands. I do come here almost every day and check in on everyone though.

Penny - Sean's Mom

• nospam
    • View Profile
    • A Journey Continued
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2009, 11:54:36 PM »
I'm still here.  I visit most days but rarely post.  It's a bit like coming back to a good friend that I know will always be there if/when I need them. 

Sean has been gone for 3 1/2 years and his absence is still a tangible part of my world.  Right now I'm dealing with anger issues from his baby brother that I'm sure are rooted in Sean's death.  Some days I'm just too tired to after everything to add any wisdom to what I already read here.  Some days I just can't think of anything that I think will help. 

I send parents that are new on this journey to this forum on an all too regular basis.  You may not realize it but this forum and the folks on it helped me keep my sanity when there was nothing sane in my world.  I can't imagine getting to the point where I don't at least stop in to read how everyone is doing but right now I think I'm just tired and I don't have much to add.  That said I'm so grateful that each of you are here and that you are able to reach out with compassion and understanding when I just can't find the words.

Wishing each of you Peace....

Penny - Sean's Mom

Adams Brokenhearted Mama

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2009, 05:21:40 AM »
Rebecca, I took a long break for awhile and then came back. Maybe it ebbs & flows for people. Sometimes I read that people rarely post but they do read.
I guess just like all of this grief process, it never goes away, it just gets different.
XO Love to all my sisters & brothers-in-grief XO
Wishing you all peaceful moments, signs from your Angels & many blessings

Karen Paul

• nospam
    • View Profile
    • Chris Bascom Memorial
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2009, 05:54:28 AM »
Rebecca - I know I have not been posting a much as I used to for sure - I think for me it is a combination of reasons..

Being an aunt and not a parent, my journey is different, and though I love my nephew with all my heart and miss him every day - it is not the same longing you parents have I'm sure of that - I agree with Jeanne that my grief has become more private as time goes by - somehow it has gone deeper within me, not so much on the surface or something.

I come and read - but perhaps I don't feel like my thoughts are as helpful or relevant to others as they were in the beginning of my grief - my daily sadness has eased with time, though I think of Chris every day and always will, it is different - sometimes around tough days or times of the year I will reach out and everyone here has always been so kind to let me come and share whenever i need to, which is part of what keeps me coming back - that ability to share when need arises - and be quiet when need arises.

I still read almost every day - just find more I am without proper words - I feel like I've run out of them sometimes because nothing seems adequate.

But I still cherish you all and especially those of you who have heard my stories of Christopher and have shared your children with me..

luv and hugs, Karen
Chris' aunt

Kathy

• nospam
  • Don
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2009, 07:22:59 AM »
It will be 5 years on Oct. 2 that Don was killed in a car accident at the age of 16. This board was my lifeline at the beginning. I would check it several times a day and posted often. I thought I would die when Don died. It was so hard to make it from minute to minute. The strength and kindness I received on this board helped me continue to survive.

Now, I am in a different place. I am trying so hard to learn to live without Don-not just survive without Don. I still coming to this place of healing about once a week. Sometimes I post, sometimes I don't. Some days I do better with my grief than other days. I still have times when I have to pull myself out of that dark place of complete and utter pain. I still have times when I cry and scream. I find that I also keep my pain more private in order to live in this new world.

Maybe my words are all used up to comfort others going through the worse pain imaginable, but please know that I always think about the grieving parents, aunts, etc.  here and I pray for moments of peace for all of us.

Love,
Kathy-Don's Mom

John-Danielle Marie's Daddy

• nospam
  • Always Loving, Always Loved
    • View Profile
    • Danielle Marie's Memorial Website
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2009, 10:04:23 AM »
Hello All,
     I for one have been in and out of here over the past several months. I too missed all of the many wonderful people who were so strong and comforting to me early in 2006 after Danielle Marie died.
     I think for me, I just needed time away from all the deep, suffering and terrible stories of our beloved children and their grieving parents. I felt that I could not get myself past my own personal challenges of grief if I was constantly reminded of so many others suffering...I know that you are here, and I will always pray for you and your beloved child.
     I will still post from time to time and I am always sorry to see another parent or family member reach out in need over the death of a son or daughter (I know there are others who are aunts and uncles too)... I am truly sorry for all your losses and the terrible pain that we have to endure each day.
     My wife and I are STILL in civil litigations over the accident that killed my daughter, so my focus is elsewhere these days. I hope everyone is having a peaceful summer and you have many happy memories of your beloved child.

Sincerely,
Wishing You Peace Along the Journey,
John-Daddy of Angel
Danielle Marie Plourde
1/4/1995 -2/20/2006
Memorial Website: http://danielle-marie-plourde.memory-of.com/

Wishing You All Continuous Comfort & Peace,
John-Danielle Marie’s Daddy
1/4/95-2/20/06 (head trauma-motor vehicle accident)
“Her friendship was an inspiration, her love a blessing”

Debh

• Forever Loved, Forever Missed, Never Forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2009, 01:42:42 PM »
Hi Rebecca,

I have left for sometime, I read occassionally.

I feel after 13 years I was not grieiving, I was missing my boys. I am  doing ok on my own which is good, it shows the grief does ease or leave you, I accepted the boys are gone and there is nothing I can change, only myself.
I do beleive we don't grieve forever and we do live again. I feel this in myself today.

I have been here for years to heal and to give to others what was given to me. I will be forever grateful to Tom, Dena and all those who stayed with me in my darkest times. The loss of a child is the worst tragedy a parent can live through. There is no quick fix to heal, and we all heal in our own ways. Having support and understanding with those that have lost a child I found was the only way I could heal.

I cherish the memories, the photos, the signs, anything and everything that brings me closer to my boys. The tears fall when they fall, I don't fight it, its my time to be with my son/boys. My Chaddar time as I have said for many years.

Many issues at this board took many away, to be honest there was a problem  for me with a few awhile ago. I didn't feel safe and  had fear it would carry over to this board. If I haven't talked to you about a isue please don't feel you have caused any harmwith me.  I felt it was time for me to step back and give others time to reach out to others also, this is very healing.

I think of you at this board often and read occassionally, I see some oldies have popped back in and was nice to see them back.

I will continue popping in and thinking of you and our kids. Your all such a big part of my past and life today.

For all the new parents that have lost a child, your at a good place for support, I hope you  find healing as I did here.

Love Deb

Dena

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2009, 02:18:35 PM »
I am here everyday - at the very least to read and make sure that there are no problems.  I am looking at Josh's 10th Angel Day on 8/7.  At times, I feel very helpless & frustrated because the words won't come and I remember just how hard those first days/months/years were.

I can say that I reached that "softer" place.  The memories are kinder than they once were.  It was a long hard road to walk, but everyone at this site walked it along with me.

Love,
Dena, Josh's Mom