Author Topic: 37 years ago today  (Read 4527 times)

Rebecca

• nospam
    • View Profile
37 years ago today
« on: July 06, 2009, 07:15:34 PM »
... we had a stillborn son.  I can tell you everything about that day and the days leading up to not feeling the baby and knowing something was wrong.  I remember it all and now I have lost two sons.  I never even got to see my stillborn son and I have always wondered what he looked like, did he look like Jason.  I got pregnant right away and had Jason but I always thought of my stillborn, but life went on... we had 31 years with Jason...and now all I have is memories.  Sometimes though those good memories hurt so much because I know I can't make any new ones. 
Rebecca Jason's Mom

Dena

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: 37 years ago today
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 02:27:36 AM »
((((Rebecca))))

Sending you love & hugs.  I am so sorry for the loss of your son & thinking of you, Jason and your son.  I wish things were so different. 

Each day, we make a memory - some small and insignificant.  Others are huge. 

Love,
Dena, Josh's Mom

Adams Brokenhearted Mama

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2009, 06:39:03 AM »
((Rebecca)) It must have been so hard to be pregnant and full of hopes and expectations and then to be terrified when you didn't feel the baby move anymore. Back in the day people thought it was best for the Mom not to see or hold their child. Now they know better but this doesn't help you with closure. I'm sorry that this happened to you. My heart goes out to you as you wrestle with so many emotions and change. It all can be so overwhelming and dificult. XO Paula
XO Love to all my sisters & brothers-in-grief XO
Wishing you all peaceful moments, signs from your Angels & many blessings

tsoley

• We Love You Jordan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2009, 06:45:13 PM »
I am so very sorry. I am sending you hugs and I pray for you to feel some peace.
Tammy (Jordan's Mom)

Karen Paul

• nospam
    • View Profile
    • Chris Bascom Memorial
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2009, 05:57:58 AM »
Rebecca - thinking of you and both your boys - sending love your way.

hugs Karen
Chris' aunt

Donnys Dad

• nospam
  • Donny At Football Hall of Fame, Another Great Trip
    • View Profile
    • Donny's Memorial Website
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2009, 07:56:55 AM »
Rebecca, I am so sorry you had to go thru this lost twice.  I know exactly what you mean about the memories.  There are so very many and at times they sure can hurt.  Like you said because you know there will be no more.

Thinking of you,

Don
I Miss You So Much Buddy, My Best Friend, My Tiger

Don, Donny's Proud Dad

WendyRN

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2009, 08:59:36 AM »
37 years ago must seem almost a lifetime and yet memories of what should have been are still held so close, so dear.  I'm so sorry for both your losses. 

My first, little Scott, would have turned 30 this year on March 5th but died in January of '84 (25 years ago).  He lived his shoft 4 1/2 years in such a fog of illness, seizures, medication.  I thought I would not survive the sadness of losing him but the years went by and I raised 3 healthy children.  I think in the back of my mind I believed I had had "my turn".  But now Keith and a second angelversary coming August 5th.  I couldn't imagine lightning striking twice.  But it does, Rebecca, as you of course know. 

Wendy, Keith's mom

jillsmom

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2009, 02:34:00 PM »
I know, Rebecca. When Jason was taken from you without warning, I'm sure it brought back all the memories of losing your first son. Do you have a name for him? I had an early miscarriage when I was young, and I had no name for many years. Then one day in prayer, the baby's name popped into my head. In a way the ones who are gone grow up alongside the ones who are living, and yet always remain babies. I can't explain it.
with love, Kay Jill's mom 
cooking for friends 2008

Brenda Taylors Mom

• nospam
  • I miss you so much my "big tough guy"
    • View Profile
    • http://www.taylor-lewis.memory-of.com
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2009, 05:01:55 PM »
((( Rebecca)))) Thinking of you and your two boys.. so sad. They are together.
Love,
Brenda