Author Topic: Jill's 22nd birthday today  (Read 8226 times)

jillsmom

• View Profile
Jill's 22nd birthday today
« on: June 29, 2009, 03:03:53 PM »
So hard to believe we are marking her birthday without her. But we have not been alone. Jill's best friends came over this morning to tell Jill stories with us, and they asked for a bit of her ashes to put in pendants they'd had made with her name inscribed. A friend of mine came to have lunch with me, and just now Jill's honorary big sister is here to keep us company. I also got this email from a friend who lives in London:

"I know that Jill's birthday will be another particularly difficult day in a year that has been filled with them. But a birthday needs to be celebrated. So for a celebration of her birth, Gethin and I have chosen to sponsor a room at Centrepoint in London to help homeless young people. Jill inspired this choice because of her kind heart and generous spirit."

I know all of this is because of the person Jill was to all who met her, and she continues to surround us with love.

Blow her a kiss for me -

with love, Kay

cooking for friends 2008

WendyRN

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: Jill's 22nd birthday today
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 04:05:54 PM »
Happy Heavenly birthday, Jill.  What an uplifting e-mail.  I wish us all a friend like that.  The times I've spent with Keith's friends have been some of the best, listening to their stories, their memories, hearing tales of generosity, kindness, silliness...  Things I didn't know about him.  All precious.  I'm glad Jill's friends shared with you on such a difficult day. 

Sending peace for an easier tomorrow.

Wendy, Keith's mom

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 04:09:55 PM »
"Happy Heavenly Birthday Jill"

((((((Kay))))))

Holding you close and hoping that your sweet Jill sends you a sign to let you know she is with you.

What a nice tribute in memory of Jill. It sounds like she touched so many lives. How awesome. And, will continue to!

I blew Jill a kiss!!!

Big Hugs and My Love and Understanding,
Terry

Adams Brokenhearted Mama

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2009, 03:55:43 AM »
Thinking of you and Jill today. XO
XO Love to all my sisters & brothers-in-grief XO
Wishing you all peaceful moments, signs from your Angels & many blessings

Jeanneb

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2009, 05:12:36 AM »
Happy Heavenly Birthday Jill

What a beautiful tribute to your daughter... she is certainly loved and respected.

Thinking of you both
Jeanne
Philip's mom forever
Bruce's sister

Dottie (Tammie's Mom)

• Tammie (My Precious Daughter) 8-9-65/9-14-05
    • View Profile
    • Project Tammie
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2009, 05:46:45 AM »
HAPPY HEAVENLY BIRTHDAY TO JILL. I know how hard these very special days can be.

Your Friend in London sounds like a really wonderful friend.

Hugs,
Dottie Tammie's Mom

Karen Paul

• nospam
    • View Profile
    • Chris Bascom Memorial
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2009, 06:08:28 AM »
Happy Heavenly Birthday Jill!

Kay - what wonderful tributes to your sweet Jill, so kind of people to remember and share her birthday with you.. she is just a year younger than my nephew Chris (who would turn 23 in Dec. this year).

luv and hugs, Karen
Chris' aunt

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2009, 06:36:25 AM »
Thinking of you today, Kay...

With Love...Terry

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2009, 11:57:34 AM »
happy Birthday heavenly Jill!
Tony Repola 07/20/66 – 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven

tsoley

• We Love You Jordan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2009, 05:54:59 PM »
Happy birthday Jill!  Send your mom big hugs from Heaven!
Tammy (Jordan's Mom)

jillsmom

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2009, 10:15:43 PM »
Thank you all for your kindness. Your messages have meant so much to me. I still can't believe that Jill will never come home. Her cell phone rang on the 29th, it was the calendar reminder. It said, my 22nd birthday. She looked forward to her birthday all year long. I hope she knew how many people were thinking of her on the day.

with love, Kay
cooking for friends 2008

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2009, 10:21:42 AM »
Oh Kay, the reminder for her Birthday on her cell phone...my heart just goes out to you. It IS hard to believe that she is not coming home. I think it takes our heart awhile to allow that to simply 'seep' in and awhile longer to actually believe it. Losing Lizzie you would understand those very small steps before we actually start to climb, although, and I do not want to sound presumptuous, but for me, it has been different with each of my children.

I believe Jill knew how may people were thinking about her and how many hearts will continue to hold such love and respect for her.

Big Hug & My Love....Terry

charlesafather

• Take A Good Look, Life Is Only A Blink.
    • View Profile
    • In My Sons Memory
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2009, 02:40:19 PM »
jillsmom;
 I am sure my son throws all the girls a party or attends, he was such a girl chaser, i have seen where some have messages saved from phone calls or videos, I have a lot of pictures however the other day i found a old video when he was 12 years old clowning at his brothers graduation, i quickly made copys of it.

happy birthday Jill.

my prayers and thoughts jillsmom
                                   charlesafather

LaVonne

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2009, 08:26:59 AM »
Hope she sent a sign on her birthday.  holding you close  LaVonne

Brenda Taylors Mom

• nospam
  • I miss you so much my "big tough guy"
    • View Profile
    • http://www.taylor-lewis.memory-of.com
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2009, 10:00:41 AM »
(((( Kay)))) I'm sorry I missed Jill's birthday. I just blew your precious girl a kiss and said her name OUTLOUD. HAPPY HEAVENLY BIRTHDAY JILL. The tribute your friend from London did in honor of Jill is priceless. She made a difference in this world : )
Love,
Brenda