Author Topic: Nervous  (Read 2279 times)

YoungerSis

• View Profile
Nervous
« on: June 26, 2009, 05:40:13 AM »
My oldest sister has been gone two months now.  Tomorrow I am going to her house for the first time since she died ---- to take my niece to lunch.  I am really nervous about going!  I know it will be hard to be in her kitchen, and not see her sitting across from me or pouring me a cup of coffee.  I am sure that this is necessary as part of the healing process, but I am still nervous and hope I can handle this!

Luvinmike

• View Profile
Re: Nervous
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 07:00:09 PM »
Thinking of you Youngersis- so great you are taking your niece to lunch.
I am so sorry for your loss. I know it will be hard, but it will be good to get this first visit behind you and then visits will be less overwhelming the next times. You will handle it out of love for your sister, she would like this I bet. I can relate to the coffee, I miss the little things too. Wishing you well and hope you let us know how your lunch goes.
Sincerely,
Terri

YoungerSis

• View Profile
Re: Nervous
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 06:42:01 AM »
Thank you Terri for your kind words and thoughts!  The lunch went well - my niece and I had a very nice visit, and great conversation.  I felt a little strange walking into my sister's house and not seeing her, but I know she would be so proud of my niece and the time we spent together.  I could almost see her smiling in approval.  You're right, the first visit is behind me now, and hopefully future visits will not make me as nervous or anxious.

I hope you are well.  I really do appreciate your comments and wonderful insight on this web forum!