Author Topic: To all Dads  (Read 4159 times)

Rebecca

• nospam
    • View Profile
To all Dads
« on: June 20, 2009, 06:23:45 AM »
All I can wish you is a peaceful day with loving thoughts of your sons and daughters.  I went to the cemetary by myself on Mother's a Day and it was very healing.  I miss Jason every day and some days know that he won't be back but I also know that his death was taken out of my hands.  His heavy smoking and his genetic composition, Dad, Grandfathers, all had heart attacks.  When I would talk to him about his smoking he would say:  "I'll worry about it later".  Well his later came earlier than later.  Sorry to be going on about my stuff...If you have other children, please enjoy them for who they are.  They too are not responsible for their siblings loss but they sure feel the consequences, subtle as they are because we don't do it intentionally.  We can't help it... We look at our other child, children and wonder so many things about their relationship, had he/she lived.  So, love them today and every day for them.
Rebecca Jason's Mom

LaVonne

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: To all Dads
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2009, 07:48:57 AM »
Happy Fathers day to all dads on here. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers Sunday.LaVonne

Donnys Dad

• nospam
  • Donny At Football Hall of Fame, Another Great Trip
    • View Profile
    • Donny's Memorial Website
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2009, 08:39:11 AM »
Thank you Rebecca and LaVonne.  Your thoughts are appreciated.

Don
I Miss You So Much Buddy, My Best Friend, My Tiger

Don, Donny's Proud Dad

Dena

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2009, 03:51:55 PM »
I have been thinking of all the Dads all week.  Days like Mother's Day & Father's Day are a bittersweet reminder to those who grieve.

I hope that your Father's Day is a gentle one filled with loving memories of your precious children.

Hugs,
Dena, Josh's Mom

jillsmom

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2009, 04:42:12 PM »
This will be our first Father's Day without Jill. Her friends teased her for being a daddy's girl. She was so proud of her father. Without her, I don't think my husband will even realize it's Father's Day (classic absent-minded professor syndrome). I really don't know - should I just let it slide? I appreciated the acknowledgments for Mother's Day, but men are different.

Kay Jill's mom

cooking for friends 2008

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2009, 07:02:05 PM »
Kay, how about a pic of Jill on a card, either via the computer or even just scotch-taping it to an 8x10 sheet of paper and a message to Dad to let him know that his little girl is thinking of him, where she is, letting him know that she is very much alive in his heart.

I've even pulled out a card from previous BD's and other dates, and they were always very much appreciated. Just a thought, since you asked if you should 'let it slide'!

I believe we should do everything (that we are emotionally able to do) to keep their memory alive...keeping them with us, always.

Your husband will be in my thoughts and prayers, missing his girls so very much.

Big Hug and My Love to you Kay,
Terry

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2009, 07:04:54 PM »
Wishes for peace and a joyful memory of your precious children for all of our Dad's here.

You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

Happy Father's Day!

My Love,
Terry

jillsmom

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2009, 10:39:23 PM »
Terry, I did give John the CD's I'd gotten for his Father's Day present, but very low key. I said I could bring him one of Jill's Father's Day letters, but he said "That would be a really bad idea." He can hardly look at her pictures it hurts so much. So, we got through another first. Thanks for your input!
with love, Kay
cooking for friends 2008

Karen Paul

• nospam
    • View Profile
    • Chris Bascom Memorial
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2009, 06:46:10 AM »
Sorry I'm a day belated - wishing all the fathers out there - Don, John, everyone - special rememberances of your child who is gone and hope for special times with children who are still here in your lives.

Had a very nice Father's Day annual bicycle ride with my dad and brother on Saturday. We managed not to get rained on, and we had a nice surprise.

For those of you not in New York State, this year we are celebrating the 400th anniversary of Henry Hudson's voyage up the river that now bears his name. In accordance with this anniversary there has been a flotilla of tall ships and old sailing ships that have been making their way up the Hudson River from NYC with stops along the way for celebrations..

Well we were riding our bikes and found a spot where we could go out to a dock on the river, and there was docked one of the smaller sailing vessels, called the Onrust. It was very cool and looked very old - with a lion on the front bow.

We rode back and had a nice picnic lunch. then later in the day - quite by accident - I found a journal I had kept years ago and in it I found some notes about my father's retirement party back in 1996. I had noted that Christopher was our officlal photographer that night, at the age of 10. Brian had set him up with a camera and 2 roles of film and told him he could take a picture every 5 minutes. He did a great job - going around to each table and asking every one if he could take their picture. He helped dad unwrap his gifts and at the end of the night he made a little speech at the podium in which he said that his grampa was a good Yahtzee player.

Well - this special memory brought tears to my eyes and a big smile to my face. I immediately sent it off in an email to dad and Brian- if Chris were here today he would be 22 years old, he would have (no doubt) graduated college in May and be moving forward with his future..

sweet memories - but we always want more..

luv and hugs to you all,
Karen
Chris' aunt

Brenda Taylors Mom

• nospam
  • I miss you so much my "big tough guy"
    • View Profile
    • http://www.taylor-lewis.memory-of.com
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2009, 09:19:15 PM »
I didn't get on Fathers Day but I was thinking of the dad's here and wishing you all some semblence of peace ... Love Brenda