Author Topic: Update on my GD & Life  (Read 8410 times)

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Update on my GD & Life
« on: June 09, 2009, 08:30:06 AM »
About 2 weeks ago, 2 very long weeks ago, I almost lost my Granddaughter. I didn't want to believe that those dreaded words could come from my mouth again....DIED. I stayed steady and strong for her...I was by her side most of the time.
This all came out of nowhere with no symptoms or warnings of her being sick. Although she stopped breathing when first brought to the hospital and was unconscious, her heart did not stop. It did take a few days to identify the strain of virus that was sweeping through her body and causing havoc, and they were very, very long days. Although she will need to be monitored for the next 3 months, for a relapse would surely be devastating to her already very weakened state, it does look as if she will recover.

I used to say that after living with the pain of losing my children, that nothing could ever overwhelm me again. I was so wrong. And, although the 'little' things that I used to give second thought to, I no longer do, I have been humbled with the understanding that pain is a part of living and something that can never be minimized by another comparison.

We are strangers here on this board and we are family. We share one anothers pain and even joy. We are bonded through our tragedies, our life's experiences.

When I come here, I am visiting my other family and I know that there isn't anything I can't share and will always receive love and understanding. That means something.

Everyone here and your children are always in my thoughts and prayers.

Thanks for reading.
Love,
Terry

Paula (Adam's Brokenhearted Mama)

• View Profile
Re: Update on my GD & Life
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 08:50:18 AM »
Thank you Terry. I will continue to hold your grandaughter's health in my heart and prayers as well as for your recovery from such a terrible scare.
XO Paula

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 08:59:00 AM »
Thank You, Paula. I appreciate that, so much.

Love,
Terry

Jeanneb

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 01:05:58 PM »
(((((TERRY, TERRY, TERRY))))

My heart goes out to you and can only imagine what a rollercoaster ride you have been on.  Thank God she is improving and I pray that everyday starts with her getting stronger and stronger.

My prayers continue to be with you all.

Love,
Jeanne
Philip's mom forever
Bruce's sister

MelissaCharliesMom

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2009, 05:29:50 PM »
Keeping you and your grandaughter close in thought. Sending wishes for strength, peace and a speedy recovery.

Rebecca

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2009, 06:43:06 PM »
Thank G-d she is ok and going to be fine.  How scary life is!
Rebecca Jason's Mom

Brenda Taylors Mom

• nospam
  • I miss you so much my "big tough guy"
    • View Profile
    • http://www.taylor-lewis.memory-of.com
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2009, 08:01:54 PM »
I'm so glad she's ok.

Dottie (Tammie's Mom)

• Tammie (My Precious Daughter) 8-9-65/9-14-05
    • View Profile
    • Project Tammie
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2009, 05:06:35 AM »
Sending HUGS to you and strength to your Granddaughter.

Dottie Tammie's Mom

Karen Paul

• nospam
    • View Profile
    • Chris Bascom Memorial
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2009, 05:32:28 AM »
Terry - how frightening - I'm so glad to hear that your precious granddaughter is on the mend.. and will pray for her speedy recovery- I find that I'm much more vulnerable now than I was previously, because I know what "could" happen - the impossible has become possible and that changes everything..

big hugs, Karen
Chris' aunt

WendyRN

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2009, 11:04:03 AM »
Wishing your little granddaughter and full and speedy recovery.  So many challenges in life.   Nothing but to carry on and find the silver lining where we can.

Wendy, Keith's mom

LaVonne

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2009, 07:10:26 PM »
Praying for your granddaughter and hope she has a full recovery soon. Lavonne

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2009, 11:18:00 PM »
Thanks Jeanne and yes, it was, and still continues to be (although it's slowed down) a roller coaster ride. There has been 4 losses in the past 6 months; 2 whom I was close with for many years.
I had a fearful feeling and knew it was going to be someone that would, once again, change my life. I did try to dismiss this feeling, as I have in the past, but find that that does not stop the event from happening.

I appreciate your thoughts and prayers.

Love...Terry

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2009, 11:23:06 PM »
Thanks Judy, I've made 'holding-on-tight' an art form! I believe we all have. And, as you always say, I too wish it were different.

I appreciate your keeping me and my Granddaughter close.

Love...Terry

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2009, 11:32:08 PM »
Thank You Melissa for your wishes for strength and peace and a speedy recovery. Your charlie is just precious.
I changed the settings tonight to view our children's pictures. Sometimes it's very hard but I need to see them.

Rebecca, Brenda, Dottie and Lavonne, your precious angels are so beautiful. Thank You for your thoughts and prayers. I really appreciate it.

Love...Terry

Terry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2009, 11:43:57 PM »
How true Karen that we are more aware than most how precious a childs love is and what a great and life-changing loss it is. It is 'in' that vulnerability that we are able to understand this and hopefully appreciate those around us in a profound way, after losing our children, especially.

I often share with my sister how open you are regarding your feelings in how you share Chris. She 'has' started to share more with me recently, without me initiating it. So, sometimes we help others a great deal and don't even realize it. I wanted to share that with you. Thank You!
And, thank you for your prayers.

Love...Terry