Author Topic: Strange thing happened ...  (Read 5995 times)

YoungerSis

• View Profile
Strange thing happened ...
« on: May 27, 2009, 10:14:12 AM »
At the risk of sounding really crazy.....

About a week ago, I received a card in the mail thanking me for my sympathy and support from the family of a deceased person in S. Carolina (I live in Ohio) that I had never heard of.  It was hand addressed to me.

I did a search on the internet ..... the deceased was a 96 year old woman with a lengthy list of family members, none of which rang a bell with me.

The strangest thing is ..... the woman died the same day as my sister!

What should I make of this?  Just a strange error, or something more like a sign from my sister???!

Did something like this ever happen to any of you?

Jeanneb

Re: Strange thing happened ...
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 10:22:37 AM »
How very interesting?

I lean toward this being some sort of sign.  Give this some time to play out... I think your answer will come.

Just my hunch,
Jeanne
Philip's mom forever
Bruce's sister

laurenE

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 10:37:18 AM »
When I google my name,  I come up with a bunch of people with my same first and last name.   Maybe there is someone with your name who helped out this ladies family??    Contact them to find out.   Otherwise it will make you wonder alot.

YoungerSis

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2009, 04:54:41 AM »
Mind if I share an update on this?  I have been carrying the card around in my purse for two months now, waiting for some sort of answer.

Yesterday we were watching the evening (world) news.  There was a murder in the same small town where this woman lived.  And they interviewed her brother -- I had remembered her maiden name, and the name of the man rang a bell!  So I double-checked her obituary on the internet, and sure enough.....

So what does this all mean?  Am I supposed to hop in my car and drive to this town?  Sorry if I sound like I am going crazy.  In addition to this, I have been having alot of dreams about my sister still being around.

By the way, I do not have a common name (first or last name)....

Any thoughts or insights on this would be appreciated!

Sad Eyes

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2009, 01:28:58 PM »
Youngersis,

If I were you, I would follow my gut instinct. You should do whatever you feel is best for you.  Sometimes our little inner voice is worth listening to and other times it just leads you on a wild goose chase. 

laurenE

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2009, 05:59:19 PM »
Sounds like a plot for a good mystery novel.   In the novel, the card would have been sent by the murderer,  to his  next victim. 

I dunno what it means. But it would creep me out. But then again,  thats all I read is murder mysteries so I have an active imagination.
  Are you sure the family sent it?  I would double check.

YoungerSis

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2009, 05:05:02 AM »
Thanks for your take on this, Lauren!  It is creeping me out!  I have put the card away for now, and am trying not to think about it. 

I have been meaning to send a note to the address from which it came, asking how they got my name and address!

laurenE

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2009, 06:02:15 AM »
Let us know what you find out.   
I do love a good mystery!