Author Topic: Angry, and sad  (Read 2136 times)

YoungerSis

• View Profile
Angry, and sad
« on: May 14, 2009, 04:46:56 PM »
Hello,
Just wanted to unload a few feelings today .... I got angry when I saw a license plate on a car advertising they are a "survivor" (why couldn't my sister be a survivor???).  And I feel sad - does anything I do really make a difference?  My sister led a simple life, didn't have any money, etc. -- but over 300 people came to pay their respects at her funeral!  I have a lucrative career and lots of nice things - but if I died tomorrow, who would be there?

Thanks for listening!

laurenE

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: Angry, and sad
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2009, 06:35:14 PM »
I  asked the same question after my mother died...  "who would come to my funeral?" .  Then I had surgery recently and a ton of people brought me flowers, cards or chicken casseroles.    I was quite surprised by it all.

I think when someone dies,  people just dont know what to do to help us, or what to say.   
Its easier for everyone to deal with physical pain... both the person dealing with the pain and the friends who want to support.   They know what to say " hope you feel better",  they know what to do " do you need a ride somewhere since you cant drive for 2 weeks?",   they know when someone cant cook to bring them food...  Give me surgery any day (physical pain)  over grief  (emotional pain) of a close loved one!   

Its normal to ask "why" and to see the unfairness of life once a loved one was taken.  Its normal to quesiton alot of things.   I hated that part of my grief.  thank goodness it doesnt always last forever.