Author Topic: Missing my sister  (Read 4160 times)

lilsister

• View Profile
Missing my sister
« on: May 10, 2009, 08:07:44 AM »
My sister passed away Feb. 13, 2009, after being diagnosed with cancer on December 26,. She only had a short stay with us after that. She found out that it was cervical but after futhering testing it had spread in the lymponodes, liver and the brain. My sister was 11 years older than me but we were very close to each other. She was mother to 2 great boys that are serving our country, both of them will be deployed by the fall of this year. Everyday I think of her and cry almost everyday. :( I miss her so much!!!!!! CANCER SUCKS

BigSis

• View Profile
Re: Missing my sister
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 02:58:25 PM »
Dear LilSister

I am so sorry for your loss. We in the board totally understand the pain. Crying is so normal and the heartache is so deep and painful. Cannot be explained . I lost my dearest brother 5 months ago and it still hurts so much. It is so unfair that these great people are taken away so swiftly without any second chance. Sounds like your sister was a wonderful person. Do write more about her.

Reading others posts in this site has helped me so much in the grieving and healing process.

BigSis

YoungerSis

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 04:49:41 PM »
I am so sorry for your loss!  I too lost my sister to cancer and, I agree, cancer sucks!  I hope that we both find the peace and comfort that we so desperately need through this forum.  And I will pray for your sisters' sons serving our country.

Luvinmike

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2009, 01:18:10 PM »
Thinking of you lilsister, so sorry. Hope you are doing alright... Terri

Sad Eyes

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2009, 07:44:08 AM »
Dear Lilsister,

You have my deepest sympathy.  I understand what you are going through.  I also lost my sister who was 10 years older to cancer and she also left behind two sons. My nephews are I are very close and I feel that this helps all of us by sharing our memories of her.  Hope you are able to do the same with your family.

Sad Eyes