Author Topic: Death of Husband- jan 10/09  (Read 8110 times)

nataliew123

• View Profile
Death of Husband- jan 10/09
« on: May 09, 2009, 07:09:56 PM »
We have 3 kids ages 19 - 16 and a four year old. My husband struggled with chronic mylgenious lukemia cancer for over two and a half years and passed away on january 10th, 2009. We are all haveing a very hard time with a big loss in our lives. I was wondering if there are any other women out there that have experienced losing there husband around the same time i have and how there feeling?

yours truly,
Natalie

georgiapeaches

• For mom, dad, Johnny & rock you left to soon!
    • View Profile
Re: Death of Husband- jan 10/09
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 09:34:22 PM »
Hi Natalie,
I lost my husband suddenly April of 08. I have three children ages 13,15 and 19. I was married for 20 years. Its very hard to deal with and my kids took it very hard. The best thing to do is get lots of rest and talk with your kids as much as possible and cry all you want. Try to see a therepist whether a family therepist of someone by yourself. And this site a been a lifesavor for me. The support I have gotten here has been wonderful,grief is a long hard journey and I'm sorry you have to go through this I'm so sorry for your loss, I hope you come back and tell us more about him and your family.

georgia.
MOM                        JOHNNY

carrieset

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 09:47:45 PM »
Natalie:

So sorry to have you here and very sad to hear about your husband.  Take Georgia's advice.  She has helped me tremendously with my loss which was pretty close to yours.  Laurence died on Dec. 24 08 from brain cancer which was a 2.8 year battle.

In the state of shock that I was in, I never even thought about eating (didn't have any desire); or even drinking liquids.  But you need to drink LOTS of liquids if you are not eating; have to replace all of those tears.  Because of my wonderful friends here, I took their advice and I lived on a liquid diet of Ensure, Gatorade, light soups, for 3 months.

This is a very hard journey; allow yourself to cry whenever you want to; rant, rave, scream.  And tell us about your husband and your family. 

This site has been a God send for me; I'm not sure I would have made it without all of these wonderful "new" friends I have that understand.

Hugs and prayers for U,

Carrie

pussikins

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2009, 08:33:45 AM »
i lost my husband on 17th february 2009
no kids so i am very very lonely.
stay on ths site....i am sure u will get loads of help ..just as i have but it is so tough !!
i feel so overwhelmed by the situation :(

scarsacred

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2009, 11:32:31 AM »
I'm so sorry to read your message about your dear husband and his awful death.

Please accept my deepest sympathy on your loss.

It's certainly not easy. youll be in my prayer.

Love

scarsacred

newbielink:http://www.thankgodforebooks.com/husband-died.html [nonactive]

rocheshelt

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2009, 06:53:04 PM »
I am so sorry to hear about your lose. I lost my husband on April 21st. We are fairly young he was 32 and I am 33. We were together for 11 years and married 8. We also have 3 children together 3,7,10 (very young) they were extremely close to their father. My husband was on Dialysis and had other illnesses that stemed from his kidney failure but unfortunatley we lost him to an unexpected heartattack. It is crazy because we were talking just that morning and about 3 hours later he was gone. My kids and I tried to do everything we could to help him but we just could not bring him back. I am so heart broken and tired. My kids are doing ok I think a little better than I am. And now it seems that if something can go wrong it does. Everyone keeps telling me to be strong for my children and I am but it is really wearing me OUT. They kids are in thearpy and we start family thearpy next week hope that will help me deal with this new life that I have to lead by myself.

I do cry and pray and that really does help. I have my days when I am fine then I have my days when I have to make myself get out of bed. I guess that is a part of my grieving process.

My advice to you is just talk to someone even if they do not say anything just talk and if they are a good friend they will just listen to you.

Good Luck and stay strong.

Rochella

flamingofred

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2009, 09:49:31 AM »
I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your husband.  I lost my husband in Sept 08.  We didn't have any children just two doggies.
For the first while after he passed away and I mean months it was really tough, I felt like my heart was actually breaking, but it has gotten a bit better.
This site and my faith have been my best support throughout this difficult time.

I just took one day at a time and gave myself permission to feel what I was feeling.

Luvinmike

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2009, 04:44:24 PM »
Dear nataliew there are no words but I am sorry. So very sorry for your loss. Please stay with us on this site and tell more about yourself when you want. Sincerely, Terri

mamaria1964

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2009, 04:55:13 PM »
I lost my husband of over 25 years suddenly in a truck accident May 12, 2008. I was 17 and he was 19 when we got married. I miss him so much every day is a stuggle. We have 2 children and 2 grandchildren. Life will NEVER be the same. The only thing that gets me through the day is knowing he is with God. But I feel so alone and lonely even in a room full of people. I hate this life without him!!!!! 

carrieset

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2009, 09:28:49 PM »
mamaria:

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your husband.  It is soon for you and very fresh and raw.  I am sorry that you have to be here, but we welcome you and understand your pain.

I will pass on to you the wonderful advice given to me by all of these wonderful people on this site.  Try to rest as much as you can; try to eat if you can; drink lots of fluid as those tears need to be replenished. 

It is such an expected and quick loss for you.  It takes alot of time to absorb; just take baby steps and one moment at a time right now. 

On Sunday I am 5 months out on this dreadful journey that I wouldn't wish on anyone.  My fiancee Laurence died on Dec 24 08 after a 2.8 year battle with brain cancer.  No matter what it hurts very deeply however our loved one goes.

Stay on here; keep on talking; tell us about your husband, you and your family.

I would never have made it this far without God in my life and my wonderful encouraging and supportive friends here.

Love and big hugs,

Carrie

Luvinmike

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2009, 04:26:56 AM »
Welcome mamamaria, although sorry for the reason. I am sorry for the loss of your husband. Carrie, Rochella, Flaming- everyone on this thread has some great thoughts for you. This is a site that has been around for years and is active. please read and post as you wish and ask any questions you may have. Terri