Author Topic: Memories of Mom  (Read 3721 times)

Sad Eyes

• View Profile
Memories of Mom
« on: May 08, 2009, 05:47:07 AM »
I was thinking about Mother's Day and how much I miss my Mom.  I just wanted to share one of my best memories about her.  I hope others of you will share memories of your Moms too.

When I was small I was really into Barbie.  Thanks to my Mom I had the best and most unique Barbie wardrobe around.  My Mom was a talented sewer and she made everything for my dolls.  I had a white satin wedding dress with a detachable train complete with two lace veils to choose from. She even fashioned a small bouquet.  She made two matching bridesmaids dresses in red velvet for my other dolls.  What fun my friends and I had playing with those outfits!!!  My dolls even had bras and panties that my Mom crocheted.  My Mom would often make an outfit for me and then the same one for Barbie. My Barbie also had pierced ears, actually they were colored stick pins cut to size and pushed into Barbies head, OUCH!!!  I still have my Barbies and all the things that my Mom made for them over the years.  I wouldn't part with these items for any amount of money.

My list of wonderful memories of my Mom could go on and on forever, but I will stop with this one.  Hope everyone has a nice Mother's Day. For those of you who have lost your Mother I hope this post will help you recall some of your own special times with your Mother.  God Bless and take care.

Sad Eyes

sevenofwands

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: Memories of Mom
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 01:31:31 PM »
Thank you, Sad Eyes.  That was a lovely memory and I loved reading it.  Enormously comforting.

I also have thousands of memories of my mother, right back to when I was very little.  She too was a talented needle-woman (embroidery, crochet and smocking).  I have a couple of tablecloths she embroidered decades ago.  Where did she find the time to do all the things she did?!

All the best
Seven

Luvinmike

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2009, 01:41:49 PM »
That was such a touching story. What a foundation she gave to you and your sister, as seen in your nephews now. Kindness goes a long way with children don't you agree. You had one of the nicest Moms I have ever even heard of. May you spend Sunday with some more good memories. Sorry you are missing your loved ones.

Irene

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2009, 04:25:01 PM »
Thanks for starting this subject Sad Eyes. It has been awhile since I posted here, but this board is never far from my mind. I was thinking about my mom too, and this is one of those holidays coming up, which brings those memories of her, right to the forefront.
   Mother's Day and her birthday, were too really important days for me to show my mom just how much I loved her. My dad loved my mom more than anything, and always wanted to have the whole family together for Mother's Day. He always had a special cake made for her and even though my mom was really shy and didn't really need all of the hoopla, it happened anyway.
   After she died, and my sisters were cleaning out her drawers, there were all kinds of cards and gifts that we had made for her tucked away. She didn't throw anything out.
  Mother's Day was my opportunity for me to show my mom how much I absolutely loved her, and in a way doing this today, is giving her that same tribute. That love did not die. Thanks for listenning.

tsurandy

• Peggy's Boy
    • View Profile
    • Randell Wheless
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2009, 09:59:47 PM »
Sad Eyes, thank you for sharing the story.  Bless you!  Sunday will be difficult for those of us who  have lost our Mothers, but hopefuly through our memories we can find things to smile about.  Memories of my mother often make me laugh out loud, Mama was a bit of a Lucy, even the red hair!
Peggy's Boy

pondering

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2009, 12:05:13 AM »
Thanks to sharing this awesome story.
The memories of my mom make me believe that she is still with me. Thanks mom for everything you did for me,for care me, for make me laugh, thanks alot. you always in my heart.