Author Topic: My Mothers day gift  (Read 4799 times)

georgiapeaches

• For mom, dad, Johnny & rock you left to soon!
    • View Profile
My Mothers day gift
« on: May 09, 2009, 06:19:12 PM »
My sister came to see me with my nephew to celebrate me and my daughters birthday, also to bring up some of my mothers belongings. we had a nice time, we went out to eat , went bowling , walked around Lake George, it was nice. My sister also gave me my mothers wedding set, which actually fits me, so thats my mothers day gift, to wear my mothers wedding set on my hand, shes still with me. When they left today it all hit hard and I realized how bad I really do feel. Tommorrow is mothers day and the next day my birthday, maybe I am just pitying myself lately, and I always hated that, but I didnt think I would be celebrating all these birthdays like this and I hate it. But on a brighter note, I am going to slap myself back into reality and count my blessing because my kids are here to celebrate with me and I am extremely thankful for that. Happy Mothers Days to all you wonderful moms!

Georgia.
MOM                        JOHNNY

carrieset

• View Profile
Re: My Mothers day gift
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 10:03:06 PM »
Georgia:

That was so sweet of your sister to give you your mom's wedding rings.  What a wonderful sister you have!  That was so compassionate of her to do that; she certainly must recognize your double loss!!

I am blessed that I can call my mom tomorrow.  She is 70 and my dad is going to be 76 soon.  I haven't seen my parents for almost 3 years as it was during all of the time Laurence was ill.  And they are in MN and I am in Arizona and can't afford much other than gas in the car.

I sometimes envy the life they have had.  There are 9 of us kids; oldest is 51 and 9th one is 40 this year.  Young parents who now have 30 grandchildren and have not lost any of their children or grandchildren.

I am very close to my mom; she is my best friend.  She has seen me through some terrible times in my life; probably with all of her other 8 children, I alone have survived more tragedy than all of them.  Not sure why that is........

Every time I talk to her I tell her how much I love her and miss seeing her.  I told you before that your mom was such a pretty lady.  I can only imagine what a knockout she was when she was younger and I bet you are, too.

It is Mother's Day tomorrow for me, too.  My son is in the hospital, but I am grateful that things worked out so well for him.

Thank you Georgia for being such an inspiration to me as you have been to many others here.  Happy Mother's Day to U tomorrow as I know you are a great mom!!

Luv and hugs,

Carrie

Jap Jr

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 09:05:27 PM »
georgia

happy belated birthday

Kay

Luvinmike

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 04:12:23 AM »
This is good news Georgia, getting your Mom's wedding ring. Our son will have his father's and grandfather's rings, I saved them and our daughter will get mine. It doesn't matter the value of anything- these are priceless gifts. Hope you rolled through another birthday. Thinking of you... Terri

friedgen

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2009, 05:05:31 AM »
What a wonderful gift.  I am so impressed that through all this grief you can show us how lucky we are to have our kids.  They will always be a part of us and the one we loved.  You are a great mom.  Happy belated birthday and mothers day.

Friedgen

tsurandy

• Peggy's Boy
    • View Profile
    • Randell Wheless
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2009, 08:53:36 AM »
Georgia, Happy Birthday!  I know this is a difficult time for all of us, holidays bring so many memories.  Your sister giving you your Mother's wedding rings was a very unselfish and loving thing, it makes me happy that you have such a good sister.  You deserve some happiness.  I am thinking of you. 
Peggy's Boy

Sad Eyes

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2009, 11:40:44 AM »
That is wonderful that your sister was kind enough to give you your Mother's rings.
I have my Mom's rings and wouldn't part with them for anything. I know you will always cherish those rings and the comfort they will provide you for many years to come.  Happy belated birthday.

Sad Eyes

pondering

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2009, 12:13:31 AM »
Your sister gives you the best gifts. Take it always with you. God bless you and Happy belated birthday.