Author Topic: lost my brother  (Read 5010 times)

mommabear

• View Profile
lost my brother
« on: April 19, 2009, 04:02:01 PM »
hello where to start... i lost my brother in feb 19 2009.. he had cancer but thats not what took him. he kidneys failed. we havent had a memorial service yet and that really bothers me i guess it will be in may.. long story. what im haveing a hard time dealing with is the fact that no one called to even tell me he was that sick and that he was in the hosp. i didnt get to say good bye. and that bothers me alot. i just dont know how to feel about anything. i really dont want to go the memorial serves but if i dont eveyone will bw mad.  i still feel the loss of my father, we loss him 6 yrs ago. i just dont know what to do. someone please help me.. :'(

Jeanneb

Re: lost my brother
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 06:19:14 AM »
Just try one minute at a time.  When the time comes and if you can go to the service then you do... if not that is ok... you have to do what is best for you.

You might try writing down some of your feelings... maybe even write a letter to your brother telling him how you felt.  While it isn't what you really want, it certainly can help.  Journaling in general can really be a helpful tool and so can  just coming here and posting... just some way to get it out.

Grief is a long hard journey and it takes a lot of work.  One second, one minute, one day at a time... it is all you can do.

Hold on tight,
Jeanne
Philip's mom forever
Bruce's sister

Luvinmike

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2009, 04:49:44 PM »
(((Mommabear)))) we are all here holding you up. It is so hard to miss our loved ones, sorry about your brother and Dad. My heart goes out to you now. Terri

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 04:48:58 PM »
Dear Mommabear ~ I am so sorry to hear of your brother, I, too lost my brother. 
This is a great site.  People really do care.
Tony Repola 07/20/66 – 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven

Sad Eyes

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2009, 10:39:41 AM »
Dear Mommabear,

So sorry for your loss!!!  I too lost my brother on Feb 19  but my loss goes back to 2000.  I have experienced multiple losses in my family and totally understand why  you are feeling the loss of you father again.  Grieving is a long difficult process and there is not a wrong or right way to go about it, we just muddle thru the best we can.   Even though it's not easy everthing you are feeling is helping your work your way thru your grief.  Take care of yourself!!!!

Sad Eyes

mommabear

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2009, 04:29:28 PM »
thanks everyone.. memorial is right around the corner now. still havent decided what to do, go or not to go ???