Author Topic: need help  (Read 3194 times)

Jeanne

• View Profile
need help
« on: April 25, 2009, 11:53:02 AM »
My husband retired on Dec 19th and found out the same day he had Anaplastic Thyroid cancer.He died on Feb 5th.
I have joined a widow's support group.
I am having good and bad days.He was my life.The weekends are so hard.

georgiapeaches

• For mom, dad, Johnny & rock you left to soon!
    • View Profile
Re: need help
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2009, 12:05:09 PM »
Hi Jeanne,
I'm so sorry for your loss. The weekends were always the hardest for me and most of us on this site, if you look back at alot of our posts thats what you will see. I am still so tired from all this so now I look for the weekends just to try to get some extra rest. Right now its very raw for you, its great you jioned a support group, and this site help such a great deal. Try on the weekends to get plenty of rest, you really do need it, and drinks lots of water. Come here and write, even if you just want to write to your husband in a journal, it helps relieve some of the pain. We are all here to help you, I lost my husband April 08, and its sucha long journey. Please come back and tell us some more about you and your husband.

Georgia.
MOM                        JOHNNY

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2009, 12:10:43 PM »
Thank you so much for your reply.I am a retired teacher.I have Rheumatoid arthritis and Mike was so good to me.
What was the cause of your husband's death/

Jap Jr

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2009, 03:27:56 PM »
Jeanne;

So sorry for your loss; yes, the weekends are very hard for me, too. I lost my Jim on November 21, 2008 to cancer. We were to be married this year; didn't think there was anyone to find after both being divorced. I feel so cheated out of our future life together; diagnosed in August.

This is a journey none of us asked to be on and don't want it. It is hard for me to comprehend this "new normal" that I have to live, without any choice. I HATE saying ME instead of US.

Glad to hear you are in a support group; I know it is helping me to know I am not alone. Don't have a widows one around here, so just go to the GriefShare group, and the hospital has one starting in May that I am going to go to.

Come back and share more when you can. There are SO MANY wonderful people on this site that have some GREAT WISDOM; especially those that have been around longer. I am so thankful for all of them and that I found these friends in cyber space. Reading the other posts and knowing I am not "crazy" and my feelings are "normal" is some relief in itself.

(((hugs))) to you and strength to you on your journey. Just know we are all here for you.

Jap Jr's - Kay
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 03:49:10 PM by Jap Jr »

Luvinmike

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2009, 03:40:11 PM »
Sorry for your loss Jeanne. My husband also died too soon. My heart is with you. I miss him, I miss him everyday; but i can manage my grief a little bit more as time goes on. Take care of yourself. We are all sorry, but glad you found this site. Terri

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2009, 04:38:21 PM »
I  am so glad I found this group-
          Jeanne

Carlina

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2009, 02:15:41 PM »
I have found help here with this group. My husband died very sudden of a massive heart attack and even though I am a trained EMT I could not help him. I have listen to the advice those who have had loved ones die. It helps to know what to expect and what is "normal" in the grief process. It also helps to be able to ask questions on any problems you may have. There is a vast amount of experience on a variety of subjects on this site. I agree that you need to take care of yourself and rest even if you can not sleep.  Carlina

Jeanne

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2009, 04:28:46 AM »
We were married for 34 years.We have 1 daughter.
He was so talented-made wood crafts-tatted-he was so looking forward to being retired-
I have joined a widows group-
                                    Jeanne