Author Topic: Graduation & Landon's Angel Day  (Read 5960 times)

Landons Mom Shelly

• nospam
  • We love you Lan-Man
    • View Profile
Graduation & Landon's Angel Day
« on: May 29, 2009, 11:55:34 AM »
Hello friends,

It's been awhile since I've posted, still plugging along in my life as it is now without our Landon in our midst.  Tonight will be my oldest son's graduation, an event I should be looking forward to but having so many mixed emotions about it all, and so wishing to God that Landon could be here to enjoy it with us.  I look at my daughter's graduation pictures, how much fun we all had with everyone there, all my kids and family.  Tonight will be so hard to keep a smile on my face but I know I have to.... my son has been struggling as well, doesn't talk much but I see it in his eyes.  He's losing his friends as he's graduating, will miss not having Landon to enjoy his day, and having to face Landon's 2nd angel date only two days away, June 1st.  I know we'll be able to make it through, we've been through so much and this will just be another damn hurdle that we'll have to get over that we don't want to have to.  I just wanted to ask for everyone's prayers tonight for my son Bryan and for Monday, June 1st for the 2nd anniversary of my precious Landon's angel date.  I miss him so much.

Thank you all,

(from left, Landon, Christian, cousin Logan & Bryan @ my daughter's graduation 2006)

(one of Bryan's senior pics this year for Landon)

Landon's Mom forever,

Shelly

My Precious Little Landon -- Forever in our Hearts        http://landon-greenan.gonetoosoon.org
August 1, 1995 - June 1, 2007

jillsmom

• View Profile
Re: Graduation & Landon's Angel Day
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 04:32:51 PM »
The tribute from your son to his brother is so moving. You have a loving family.  with love, Kay Jill's mom
cooking for friends 2008

tsoley

• We Love You Jordan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2009, 06:47:02 PM »
The pictures are beautiful and so very touching. I know how bittersweet these milestones are. I will be thinking of you on your sons graduation and on June 1 as you and your family struggle to get through the next few days.
Tammy (Jordan's Mom)

MelissaCharliesMom

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 07:02:41 PM »
Keeping you close in thought. My youngest sister alos had a portrait of Charlie in her hand for her Senior picture.....how hard and yet it feels so good to know that he is missed, remembered and forever loved. Your sons portrait is beautiful. I will be thinking of you during the next week...June is a bad, bad month for us too. Sending strength and peace.

Adams Brokenhearted Mama

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2009, 05:39:11 AM »
Yes of course, prayers and thoughts are with you and yours. Your son's pix was very moving of Langdon.
XO Love to all my sisters & brothers-in-grief XO
Wishing you all peaceful moments, signs from your Angels & many blessings

Donnys Dad

• nospam
  • Donny At Football Hall of Fame, Another Great Trip
    • View Profile
    • Donny's Memorial Website
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2009, 09:07:29 AM »
Please know my thoughts will be with you during this difficult time that should be a joyous occasion.
I Miss You So Much Buddy, My Best Friend, My Tiger

Don, Donny's Proud Dad

Jeanneb

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2009, 11:44:28 AM »
Hi Shelly,

It is so good to see you post.  What great pictures you shared with us.... thank you!

Your son's graduation picture is beautiful and very touching.  Congratulations to him and to you and I hope that you feel Landon's love surrounding all of you at this special time.

I know this is such a bittersweet time but please try to enjoy and celebrate this accomplishment.  I'll be thinking of you all these next few days and hope that Landon sends an xtra special sign.

Love,
Jeanne
Philip's mom forever
Bruce's sister

Dottie (Tammie's Mom)

• Tammie (My Precious Daughter) 8-9-65/9-14-05
    • View Profile
    • Project Tammie
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2009, 01:52:57 PM »
Thinking of you and your Angel Landon.

Hugs,
Dottie Tammie's Mom

Brenda Taylors Mom

• nospam
  • I miss you so much my "big tough guy"
    • View Profile
    • http://www.taylor-lewis.memory-of.com
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2009, 04:49:09 PM »
Such hard days to go through. You and your precious adorable Landon are in my heart. My prayers are with you and your family on these oh so hard days. The pic of Bryan holding Landon's picture just moves me to tears... what a wonderful tribute for him to do.
Love
Brenda
(((( Shelly))))))

Kathy

• nospam
  • Don
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2009, 07:38:43 PM »
Dear Shelley,
      Life is just so hard for us. . . When a joyful event should only be joyful, not full of sadness. I will be holding you and Landon close to my heart tonight.

Kathy-Don's Mom

Luvinmike

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2009, 03:18:39 AM »
Dear Shelly,
Your Bryan is amazing too...Sending wishes and prayers for strength for you and your family, in the knowledge that many are remembering your little Lan-man today. :'(
Terri

WendyRN

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2009, 12:13:58 PM »
Shelly,

Will be thinking of Bryan as he enters this new time of life.  The picture of him with Landon is at the same time heartwarming and heartbreaking.  I am sending you all the strength I can muster to try and enjoy this night.  Landon's love for all will help see you through. 

Wendy, Keith's mom

Landons Mom Shelly

• nospam
  • We love you Lan-Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2009, 04:01:23 PM »
Hello Everyone,

Thank you so much for all your prayers and thoughts for my family these past few days, it has truly helped me so much!

We made it through graduation, it was an outdoor ceremony and almost rained-out so I was more focused on hoping the kids would be able to cross the floor without getting poured on, and before I knew it, it was all done and not a tear was shed!  I was so proud of him and he looked so happy when we went down to congratulate him.

Landon's 2nd angel day was yesterday, once again the time leading up to the day seems to be harder than the actual day.  The kids and I went up the canyon (one of Landon's favorite spots) as we did last year and let balloons go for him.  Christian picked the colors, yellow & green for Landon's favorite team, the Packers.  We watched them as far as we could see them, and then I lost it.  I was doing so well (I thought) for the kids, holding myself together, but BAM, it just hits like a freight train and it took me most the evening to calm down enough to visit with the kids. 

I just wanted to thank you all again, your prayers were heard, and I know it was what got me through this weekend.  I took some pics of Bryan's graduation I thought my friends would like, and a couple of Landon's angel day.

Again, thank you dear friends.....
Landon's Mom forever,

Shelly

My Precious Little Landon -- Forever in our Hearts        http://landon-greenan.gonetoosoon.org

MelissaCharliesMom

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2009, 08:53:39 PM »
Oh Shelly what a beautiful family you have, such good looking kids with a beautiful Mom. How proud you must be of your brand new graduate!!!!Hmm maybe someone special was holding that rain back....thinking of all of you!!!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 09:02:03 PM by MelissaCharliesMom »

Landons Mom Shelly

• nospam
  • We love you Lan-Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2009, 11:47:24 AM »
Thanks Melissa....yeah, they are good looking kids if I do say so myself!!!  Now that you mention it, maybe it was Landon that kept the rain from pouring on graduation day!
Landon's Mom forever,

Shelly