Author Topic: Loss of Brother Mark  (Read 29002 times)

tillie35

• View Profile
Loss of Brother Mark
« on: March 30, 2009, 04:25:02 PM »
I am very sad today Mark would have been 53 years old.  To die so young.  I am 9 years older than he was.  I left home at 17 years of age and so I did not know him well until he came to stay with me for cancer treatments.  I grew to love him very much in the time we had together.  He had the most beautiful smile and he had dimples on both cheeks that was were very deep and very nice brown eyes.  When i went to his funeral there was at least 250 people at it.  He helped many people and wanted his family around him when he was dying.  He thought his great's goal was he 22 years soberity.  I liked the man I saw at the end of his life and I enjoyed his company when he was here.  I did not like the fact that he was so sick.  I just want to know that I loved him and learned to respect him.    He was a union iron worker local 512 and he loved it.  He loved to collect coins and go to back to fifty.s car shows.  He did this with my older brother. and they enjoyed it alot,  May He be in heaven with God and all his freinds.   

I miss you Mark
Mary

georgiapeaches

• For mom, dad, Johnny & rock you left to soon!
    • View Profile
Re: Loss of Brother Mark
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 04:37:53 PM »
Mary,
Your brother Mark sounds like he was a wonderful man. I'm sure you made him very proud to be your brother. I only hope my kids grow up to be close like that. My prayers are with you.

Georgia.
MOM                        JOHNNY

Luvinmike

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 02:39:46 PM »
Thinking of you Mary, sorry for the too soon loss of your dear brother Mark. I lost my husband and I also like to think of him being with God and all of his old friends who went ahead of him. I pray he is so content. Terri

Jeanneb

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 03:47:55 PM »
Hi Mary,

I am so sorry for the loss of your brother, Mark.  He sounds like a terrific guy and I know you miss him dearly.  It sounds like the 2 of you were able to reconnect and I hope that you will hold on to those beautiful memories you made together.

I lost one of my brothers at age 40... it has been 12.5 years and my youngest son at age 17... it has been 5.5 years.  Not a day goes by that I don't miss them but I also suspect they are together causing all kinds of mischief.

Deep breaths and baby steps,
Jeanne
Philip's mom forever
Bruce's sister

tillie35

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 04:12:06 PM »
Today I am angry that Mark had to die so young and suffer so much.  Of all the people in our family he worked the hardest to change his life and lead a good one.  I am really angry about that and wished it was different.  I must learn to accept that he is gone.  I want to thank all of you who replyed.  It does help me
Mary

tillie35

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2009, 03:01:12 PM »
Today I was talking to my sister and she was talking to her spiritual director and she ask her if she did not think a soul knew when it was ready to go.  For some reason that seems to give me a lot peace.  I thank her for that.  I now think they do.

Mary

Jeanneb

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2009, 03:18:36 PM »
Mary,

I am glad that you feel a little peace.... hold on tight.

Jeanne
Philip's mom forever
Bruce's sister

tillie35

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2009, 03:50:29 AM »
Yesterday I finished the Shack. My brother Mark read it with his wife and finished it on Tuesday.  By Sunday he was gone.  He had called asked the I read this book when he was finished with it.  It gave me a little bit of peace.  I still pray for him everyday and hope he is enjoying heaven.  I was sent his copy of the book.

Mary

tillie35

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2009, 06:03:23 AM »
Today I miss my brother alot.  June 5th  They will be actioning off his things.  It Makes me feel like he did not exist.  I am very sad about it and kinda of angry it is happening so soon after he died.  But it is not my call.  May he be happy in heaven.

Mary

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2009, 09:09:15 AM »
Hi Mary ~ I know exactly how you feel about your brother's things....when I got to my brother's house after he died, his house had been raped of all things of value.....there was nothing left besides his personal belongings, clothes, socks, underwear.....Tony's house will be auctioned off soon as well, with his things still inside.  I feel the same way you do....I am so sorry that you have to go though this.  It is so hard, I cry every day.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Tony Repola 07/20/66 – 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven

tillie35

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2009, 03:34:55 AM »
Today I miss my brother alot and am feeling very sad.  Sometimes I call his cell phone and listen to the message he has left on there so I can remember his voice.  I want to thank you all for talking with me

Mary

Luvinmike

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2009, 08:39:35 PM »
(((Mary)))) Thinking of you and so sorry for missing your brother Mark. It is so hard to miss someone so much it really hurts. Thinking of you. Terri

tillie35

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2009, 10:14:42 AM »
Well Mark's auction is over and some of my brothers attended and bought things they wanted.  I cried so hard.  Today I am feeling better.  May God bless them all.

tillie35

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2009, 03:35:13 AM »
well Mark is gone 3 months today and I am sad.  May he be happy in heaven. Love you Mark.

BigSis

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2009, 07:40:56 PM »
Mary

I totally understand yr pain. It will be 6 months since I lost my brother on Friday and it really hurts. God only knows why some of us have to bear so much heart ache and grief.. We have to heal and move on but it is not easy.

BigSis