Author Topic: Hard Days  (Read 3243 times)

ladybug1984

• View Profile
    • myspace
Hard Days
« on: March 07, 2009, 06:29:20 PM »
Today I went with my mother and older sister to purchase my wedding dress for my August 8th wedding.  I feel like it's going to be impossible to be happy with my precious sister Jackie not being there.  She was more excited about this wedding than I was.  She was my helper and planner, and it felt like there was a huge piece of me missing today.  I hope she would like the dress I picked.  I still cannot imagine her not being there by my side in front of the church, in her pretty bridesmaid dress with her tiny little size 5 feet.  I just hurt so badly today, and I tried my best to hide it from my mom and sister.  My consultant probably thought we were psychos because we kept crying.  It's because she wasn't there, and she wanted to be so badly.  This is just so painful, and I really didn't want to go forward with the wedding.  But my parents, fiance, and other siblings do.  I just feel pushed or pressured into it.  She's been gone 1 month and fourteen days.

My Darling Sister....I will never meet anyone in my entire life as strong and brave as you. I will regret the rest of my life never telling you that.

georgiapeaches

• For mom, dad, Johnny & rock you left to soon!
    • View Profile
Re: Hard Days
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2009, 09:57:06 PM »
Oh Ladybug, I'm so sorry that your feeling so bad, but remember when your walking down the aisle, how much your sister wanted that for you. and shes there with you right in your heart walking with you, all your memories, all the beautiful memories you can take with you. This has got to be so hard for you and your family , but you know how happy your sister would have been at your wedding, you can get through this. Best of luck and will be praying for you.
MOM                        JOHNNY

Luvinmike

• View Profile
Re: Hard Days
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009, 12:59:25 PM »
Dear Ladybug1984;

This is so early in these days of grief. Hopefully by August you will feel more calm. Do you think so? Otherwise maybe scale things down so it is a simple wedding. I'm so sorry Jackie is not there in person. She will have to reside in your heart all through your wedding day and for years to come. Your sister would want you to be happy, so I hope you follow your heart.
My sister, Bless her, got married to the love of her life in an elegent ceremony three weeks after my Mike died. She originally tried to call off her wedding- I said absolutely not! My husband believed in marriage and he loved them both. They should get married.  I told her there is no convenient time to die. It was so hard. Our daughter went to her senior prom elevan days after losing her Dad. But you know what- I'm glad we soldiered on as they say. We crawled, cried, laughed and sometimes even got sick from it- but when in doubt we have done what our loved one would have wanted. It helps us decide what to do. I bet you can imagine your sister answering your questions, you must have known each other so well in this life- and your love lives on. No matter what take care of yourself. Keep healthy- Tell us how you are. We are all sending you strength. Terri