Author Topic: My boss died  (Read 3898 times)

laurenE

• nospam
    • View Profile
My boss died
« on: April 07, 2012, 03:17:45 AM »
Here I am finding myself back here, unfortunately,  but expectedly I suppose.  Yesterday my boss died.  Although I didnt know he was in the hosp,  I knew his days were numbered so it wasn't too big of a surprise.  He had melanoma which had spread to his brain, lungs, and lumph nodes.  I knew in 6mos he would be gone.  April made 6mos.

He was fine on Monday & Tues  looking like he felt better than ever,  working, laughing, and looking great.  On Wed he went in for routine tests.  On Thur they discovered his brain tumors had multiplied.  On Friday they opened him up but closed him back up immediately and gave him 3 days.  He died an hour later.

Even though I am sad and can;t sleep,  it still isn't anything like the death of my mother almost 10yrs ago.  It doesn't even register or compare to that one.  But still,  heart is heavy this weekend and remembering my grandmother who also died in April just 9 yrs ago.  It will be sad to see his  office which will feel empty without him. 

please keep the office and family in your prayers.  They transferred ownership over to his son last week,  (just in time) so now he is going thru hard core grief and trying to own a business.  This will be tough on him. 

thanks for listening once again.

laurenE

Terry

• Administrator
    • “Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.” –Vicki Harrison
    • View Profile
Re: My boss died
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2012, 08:37:55 AM »

I'm so sorry, Lauren and know that you and his son will be in my prayers. It's so hard to say good-bye, something we're no strangers to. But, still never is easy.

Both our Grandma's Birthdays are this month. Maybe they are celebrating together in Heaven!

Sending hugs & understanding,

((((((((Lauren))))))))

Love,
Terry

browneyedgirl

• nospam
    • View Profile
Re: My boss died
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 09:09:34 AM »
Lauren ~ I am so sorry to read of the loss of your boss. 

Please know that you are in my thoughts with your grandmother and along with everyone you work with and your boss' family.
Tony Repola 07/20/66 – 03/29/09
I know you are fishing in the oceans and streams of heaven